knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Rickk »

Looks good Rick! Yeah those poly tanks expand 1-2% in all directions when they come in contact with gas, not sure how it reacts to diesel.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Rickk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:59 pm Looks good Rick! Yeah those poly tanks expand 1-2% in all directions when they come in contact with gas, not sure how it reacts to diesel.
Mfgr said 3% but didn't specify which fuel. There's plenty of room for expansion around the tank. The chocks are a bit tight but I can move them if needed. Thnx. for looking in.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:57 pm Another bite of the elephant down! Keep taking those bites :D
Munch! Munch! Munch! :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

vLog update: Fifteen minute mashup of misc happenings around the boat.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/5svkmviMM_4[/youtube]
Yours Aye! Rick

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Hope I can meet up with you someday. Build on.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Making up some fiberglass backing stock with vacuum resin infusion. Still waiting on a bunch of plumbing parts before I can finish up the fuel tanks and then move onto other stuff. Our normal supply chain for parts from the US ends in Ogdensburg NY. Unfortunately we can't cross the border for awhile so I've been trying to source parts etc. from Cdn suppliers. Not much luck with that. Amazon has been my backup but they don't have everything I need in marine stuff.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/bRKh9RUvW2Q[/youtube]
Yours Aye! Rick

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Great video. I liked that you added the other video of the air bubbles. I can't wait to see how it turns out! :D

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

BB Sig wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:32 pm Great video. I liked that you added the other video of the air bubbles. I can't wait to see how it turns out! :D
Thnx for the kind words Barry. The part turned out Ok. A couple minor dry spots but lots of usable material. Approx 3/16" thick. It was a fight to get the peel ply and flow media off of it. That infusion epoxy is HARD as nails. 8O

I'll post a vid of unbagging it sometime soon. Thnx for looking in.

Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hosing up the stbd side fuel tank. A real mish-mash of fittings etc. I’ll likely pull it all apart & do it again ‘cause to be a proper job ya gotta do it at least twice. :wink:

Yours Aye! Rick

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

Knottybuoyz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am Hosing up the stbd side fuel tank. A real mish-mash of fittings etc. I’ll likely pull it all apart & do it again ‘cause to be a proper job ya gotta do it at least twice. :wink:

I'm sure you planned easy access planned to get to the primer bulb(s)