Gubbs GT23

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Gubbs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gubbs »

Ozzy,

Don't feel bad. I suspect my standards for finishing are not as stringent as yours and Greg's! Having read your blog, I know you spent a lot more time on it that I did.

cheers

Bill

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

How's it coming Gubbs?

Gubbs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gubbs »

Hey Ozzy, good to hear from you. I have all the stringers installed and 2 of the 6 frames. The forward bulkhead is also installed. This weekend I hope to get the rest of the frames in and start planing the install of the sole. I ordered my windows from Wynne enterprises, bought an armstrong bracket off ebay, and put a deposit on a 115 hp yamaha 4-stroke. Things are moving along well. I have been on travel a lot lately and have not had a chance to check out your blog. How are things going with you?

Cheers

Bill

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

Still in sanding and fairing hell. We're getting a little closer each week. I'm hoping that we can paint within the next month or so, but Greg's a perfectionist and it's his baby, so we go at his pace. I can't wait for the flip, because I know that once that's done, we will have several sessions where we can have visual progress each time.

Gubbs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gubbs »

ya, you will be able to make good progress once you get on the inside, because whaterver is under the sole doesn't have to look good! I found that and I did not even spend as much time as you in fairing hell (it felt like hell anyway) Good luck and looking forward to seeing the pics of your boat right side up!

cheers

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

Pictures... we need pictures. By "we," I mean Greg and I... we want some inspiration.

Gubbs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gubbs »

Funny you should mention that! I finally just took some more this weekend, after not haveing taken any for ages. I will try to get them uploaded in a day or so.

Cheers

Bill

Gubbs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gubbs »

Ozzy,

I added three pics to my gallery. Shows some of sole going on...

cheers

OzzyC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OzzyC »

Looking good. Keep the pics coming. I'd love to see a shot of the rear transom and the whole boat.

ggraham
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ggraham »

where can i go to see pics of your building progress on the GT23. I am getting ready to start the GT27 and would love to know how your experience has been.