LB 22 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
RR
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by RR »

Eric, great photos :!: Thanks. :D

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

Eric she's beeuuutiful!!!
and great to see her on the water.
That goes for youre wife also :wink:

D2Maine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by D2Maine »

nm
Last edited by D2Maine on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

Yeah, I lucked out pretty heavily in that department. A looker, likes to cook, and we still have yet to raise our voices to each other after 3 years of marriage. Scary, eh?

Gonna see triple digits this weekend here in the Spokane area, so you know Cloud Cap will be out on the water, cruising it up....

Tony, I never even noticed that gallery, must be part of the site revamp?

E

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I showed my wife the pics, and sold her on Kirby paint. She was stunned you did this in a year. It seems remarkable to me, but there it is. Beautiful boat, perfect for that gorgeous lake.

Proud of you Dougster

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

Thanks for the kind words.

You know we are always open to take ya out for a cruise if you stumble through the PNW.

E

glcost
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by glcost »

Spokaloo,

Wonderful job on Cloud Cap. Is that a real registration number?

I have a question on your paint... How well does the Kirby paint adhere to the S3 primer? I'm restoring a boat and thinking of doing the same. But I'm concerned the Kirby will not hold well because its a traditional paint on top of a high performance primer.

George C
George C

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

George the nice thing about the S3 primer is when sanded to the grit recommended by the top paint is that it will adhere to it very well. Just to check do a test panel, let the primer cure well then apply the Kirby and let it set for a week. If you can't peel it off it is fine. Or use the Kirby pimer coat over the S3. I think Spokaloo used the S3 primer on his Nina. Don't know for sure. See his blog.

Eric?

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

George, its the WR155 water based S3 primer, and it has been a very good match. The green stuck like nobody's business to it, but remember its an alkyd, so give it time to cure up completely. The paint stays soft for a week or two, and coupled with the fillers in the primer makes for a soft coating until both have a good, hard, hot cure.

You are more than welcome to pop by anytime you are in the Spokane area and have a look and a cruise if you would like. Its only 4.5 hours, ya know.

Yeah, I lucked out bigtime on my reg. Who would have guessed we would be 0700 northwest?

E

glcost
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by glcost »

Eric,

Thanks for the real life testimonial and advice on cure time. Just the answer I was hoping for. I might even go with the green-gray.

Man, I haven't driven to Spokane in a long time. I like the area, but I can't say I miss the 4.5 hour drive along with the speeding ticket in Cle Elum or Ritzville. Thanks for the invite though, I might take you up on it someday.

I've never seen a Washington reg number like it. The only one better would be WN 0770 NW. You can read in your rear view mirror.

George C
George C