FS14 build saga continues......

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

NO WONDER I can never find clamps :!: :D I guess I am saved
with using wood screws :roll:

The boat really looks good though :wink:

clearncalm
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by clearncalm »

Derrick, nevermind about my previous post. I see where you've started a new thread, asking about fairing.

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I have been fairing away on the outside. I should be done soon and then can flip and glass the inside.

I can no longer search the forum from work. For some reason the network filters it out when I click on it from the main page. I find this strange as it does not block out other forums. It must be something in the name.

I will keep you all posted on the build.

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

You may be able to back door it with the old IP addy. Not sure if J and the Webmaster have turned that off or not, but I know it worked for a while anyway.

I hate big brother!

Tim

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

timoub007 wrote:You may be able to back door it with the old IP addy. Not sure if J and the Webmaster have turned that off or not, but I know it worked for a while anyway.

I hate big brother!

Tim
Tim,

How would I go about doing that?.... :doh:

Derrick

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

I think this is the old 209 IP addy. You'll have to try this at work and see if it works.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/forum/index. ... 5924d08e1d

Only work around I can think of, but still may not work for ya.

Tim

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I have not been on in some time. Other projects took over my life for a little while but back to the boat.

I can only view the forum with Tim's address above but can't sign in to post so have not been active at all. I have some time from work to view and post but by the time I get home I am beat and the last thing I want to do is get on the computer.

Tim, can you tell me how to sign on using another method???????

I can't believe that some of the FS 14's have been built and are now running and Joel has a great looking FS 12.

I think I talked a friend into working on the boat with me on his off week ends. I told him he could use the boat when he wants and that got him motivated.

Build on,

Derrick

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Try logging out of Bateau, if you are currently loggen in, and then delete your cookies...

BUT, beware... when you clear cookies, you may lose user and password info from some sites that logged in automatically, which is not a problem if you have them written down to re-enter next time you logon to those sites.

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I don't know why but I was able to log in today for the first time in some time from work..... It may be a just luck. I hope not but we will see...

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

Soooo... after a long time not doing a thing, I'm now going full bore for the time being. Here is a few pics of my adventures to date. I used the string and screw method to see if the boat was alighned right and put the stringers and frames in to balance it out as well then started the glass work. The high temps prevented us from glassing the whole boat in one shot but I don't think that will effect the strength.

I did use an extra layer of ply for the clamping board and an extra layer of glass tape on the inside and outside edge of the transom edges since I'm putting on a 25 HP. I may put some knees in the transom as well. I have to check with Jacques on that one when I get to that point...

I was wondering if I need to really grind/sand down the keel where the epoxy had pooled so that I can get the next layer as close to the other glass as possible?????.....