PH18 - Getting Started in LA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back at again!

Post by Muddler »

Well I have had take some time off time visit with the granddaughter while she was visiting, and then got sidelined with the upper respiratory creeping crud that kept me out of the garage and from working on the boat. This past weekend I was able to spend some serious time and basically get the hull fair and ready to add a skeg, a couple of strakes and a couple of spray rails. We are hoping to get this done by this weekend and be pretty much ready to prime and paint and do the flip in about 2 weeks.
Is it a Boat yet?

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

I got the keel and strakes cut last night and hoping to get started on the spray rails tonight. The spray rails will require creating some cove cuts using the table saw, and several angled cuts which will take a little time to think through and get cut. I'll have pictures of all of this posted maybe this weekend, when my bride returns on Friday with the camera she had to go and visit the granddaughter and had to have pictures you know.
Is it a Boat yet?

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Well the strakes, keel and spray rails are on and we are currently sanding everything smooth. A little more faring to do and we should be ready to prime and flip.
Is it a Boat yet?

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Well I finally got the pictures taken re-sized and posted. The spray rails, keel and strakes are on and have been faired and sanded once. A second coat of fairing has been done and we are waiting for things to set up. We are inching closer to getting this puppy turned over. I'll be sanding in preparation for the primer coats and painting the bottom. I will be glade to get to see the top side soon.

http://gallery.bateau2.comdisplayimage. ... 5860&pos=0
Is it a Boat yet?

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Well we got the primer on (4-coats) 2- coats, sand, now we are waiting on the second set of two coats to cure. We will sand these and be ready to paint. We're waiting on the Orders Desk to send the Sterling Topcoat color chart. Should be here soon. My helper is pushing hard to get this thing turned over.

http://gallery.bateau2.comdisplayimage. ... 5860&pos=0

paint, wait, sand, paint, wait, sand, paint, wait, sand, paint, wait, sand.

I have sander's elbow!! 8O

Muddler
Is it a Boat yet?

Kingfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Fairing and sanding

Post by Kingfish »

Nice job Muddler. We have 2 coats of primer on our PH 22 and I know your pain. I told my Dad that only the fish will see the bottom.
Having those strakes and skegs on a boat sure slow down the construction.
Good luck with your build. I would love to see the top side of our boat too!
Here is our latest picts

http://forums.bateau2.comindex.php?cat=16008

Kingfish

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Well we've got the bottom painted. Should be ready to Flip by next weekend.

Is it a Boat yet?

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Now we got it right side up!! I just got around to resizing the pics, and getting them uploaded to the gallery. I called a meeting on Friday (6-1-07) assigned all of the duties, chilled the beer (the crew would have become unruly if the had to work for free) and we set about getting the right side up.

Whew!! I love it when a plan comes together!! Now on to getting the guts put in this sucker.

Since last week's turn-over, I have gotten the fillets done, FG cloth laid and epoxied, and the tape on the keel, inside the chine, the transom and am about ready to put the bulkheads abs stringers back in the hull, fillets, and tape, etc, etc, busy, busy.........

Bill
Is it a Boat yet?

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

great pictures, thank you for sharing them.

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Well the results are in and it floats!

The rest of the pictures are here:

http://forums.bateau2.comdisplayimage.p ... 5860&pos=0

There are a lot more picture that I didn't upload. If you have questions I probably have a picture of the process.

Muddler
Is it a Boat yet?