Texas LB22

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Texas LB22

Post by ericsil »

Wow! It is looking better and better with every post. Looks like a nice fit to that trailer.

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

Lookin good Dougster 8) It's gotta be a good feeling to get the ponys on her.

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

I sense a saltwater splash in a couple weeks!!! :D :D

You've got to be feeling great!!

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

JohnC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JohnC »

Hey Dougster,
Nina looks like she's ready to get in the water! :D 8) How did it tow/ride on the trailer? Time break out that old 45 "Splish-splash, I was takin' a bath.......".
John

Auger01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Auger01 »

very nice work. if you dont already have the wire, i have lots of new marine wire qnd miscellanous electrical parts left over from my rebuild that i would sell at very resonable prices. i live near georgetown by the way.

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Auger01 wrote:very nice work. if you dont already have the wire, i have lots of new marine wire qnd miscellanous electrical parts left over from my rebuild that i would sell at very resonable prices. i live near georgetown by the way.
If Doug don't want it I might take up up on it. :D 8)
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Go for it 'Brink, I'm OK on wire, just short on how to. Been busy today rehearsing with my little trio for a gig at the Redbud in Blanco next Saturday, but tomorrow I'll have a little time. It's hot as Hades working outdoors though, even in the shade 8O Thanks for the offer Auger :wink:

Movin' in slow time Dougster

Auger01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Auger01 »

No problem Dougster. I got some of that know-how too, if you need any help, just holler.

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Dougster,

WOW really nice job Dougster, she looks great. Love the design also for easy going cruising ! The paint finish is top-notch and I am encouraged to see a long term project builder still at work. Like you, I do not plan on speeding things up for it to become a chore 8O. The electrical and motor installation/rigging I plan to do myself but I may have to ask about the pitfalls when time comes. Estimating a VHF radio, GPS chart plotter, gauges, nav lights, horn, AM/FM/CD player and a 12V accessory outlet, maybe wipers at some point but nothing more. The motor generates 12 amps and I am not planning on a house battery. All interior lights will be battery powered LEDs. I agree, this forum is a gold mine for valuable information and experience and I sure will be checking out more of your photos and threads.

As an aside your post reads your music trio ?!...you need a bass player :D ? May be a bit slow to drag my butt in Texas though but I love your spot !

Marc aka blueflood

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

No bass, we're just three guitar pickers. Come on down :D Thanks for the support Blue, it's been a journey for sure. I'll be posting questions soon enough on the electrical. For now I need to decide on batteries. I believe I'll go with Interstate and I'm looking at CCA and MCA, etc :roll: The little 30 horse ETEC comes with pull start that reportedly works well, yet the manual calls for 800 MCA, which seems like overkill to me. The little 24 series deep cycle battery has 690 and I think that'd do it. There is also a 24 series starting battery with 1000 MCA and 800 CCA, but I'm fond of deep cycle. Since I'm planning on two batteries, maybe I'll get one deep cycle first and see how it does. Battery location is a problem for me too. The dealer wanted me to put 'em in the splash well. I extended the sole into most of it so it is raised, but experimenting with two empty battery boxes (that I now need to return) shows it's too dang crowded and would make working on the pumps and such in there a pita. So they're back to the rear storage areas in the sponsons. Two batteries will be 90 lbs. in the stern, not good. They'll be sitting along side the motor, right at the actual transom. I'm about to say "whatever" and see how she trims that way and deal with it then if I don't like it.

Re the trailer, I do need to measure the tongue weight. It felt too heavy pulling it to the dealers for hanging the motor. Indeed, pulling it back, with the motor on, it felt better. There's still the anchor, rode, and chain in the nose, so, again, we'll see. I do like the 4" rise "cushioned" ball mount I bought. And then there's the trailer set up itself, which is ok but could be improved with a couple of side guides. I'll wait on that to see how she loads as is. Maybe with that big keel she'll track nice and straight right cross wind or whatever. Another we'll see :lol:

Hopes to see Dougster