Texas LB22

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Texas LB22

Post by glossieblack »

Some things in life are certain.The sun comes up in the east. And the Dougster's LB22 is turning out a beaut! :D :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Man, I'm right there with ya Dougster,
quietly and effortlessly plying those blue gulf waters
I would hope that would be therapy enough!

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Dougster wrote:I'm playing on the 15th for sure
Good to know somebody has a gig :!: :lol:
After about a year of of talk and auditions, I think we might finally have something resembling a band again. I hope I haven't lost my soundman chops. :help:
CC, D15, V10

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

GK, there's more musicians here than gigs I think. I'm less than an hour from Austin and that place has venues where new bands PAY to play 8O The young folks all play and all the old boomers like me have finally learned how to string a few chords together. I'm in a little guitar trio now, no bass or drums and it's sure fun. We do about 2/3rds originals and assorted old covers (just added Van Morrison's "Days Like this" to the set list). Great hobby; must be awful to try and make a living with it though. Good on you for getting a band together. What stuff are you gonna play?

It's 39 degrees and howling north wind this morning and I think Nina's sitting out there pouting. She wants her wiring cleaned up and gas line routed, but old man weather is against me. I don't much argue with him anymore. Rob, the electric is no thing, you just ponder, ask questions, string wires, say dang it, pull 'em out and string 'em again. One day it starts coming together. My gauges mystify me though. The feed from the motor the dealer has more wires than I got places to put 'em :doh:

I appreciate the thumbs up from all, and like the blue waters image. Spring is coming.

Tight lines and loose ends Dougster

gk108

Post by gk108 »

I don't know if it will ever get cold enough for me to get invovled in any of that pay to play stuff. :D This band is going to be a drummer and bass player cousins that have played together on and off for 30 years, a guitar/keyboard player and a rhythm guitar. They all sing and right now it looks like some Southern and Country. "Truckin'" and something by Lou Reed are on the list. Two of them have books full of originals, so there's no telling what will fall out. We already have a booking at the end of the month, so somebody had better figure out the song list. :doh:
CC, D15, V10

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

30 years and family sounds like a rhythm section out of my league. Sure would be fun to sing a bang on my guitar with something like that behind me! Good on you for getting things together. I'm with you on the pay to play thing, that's sounds plain crazy to me and it's not about to happen :lol: We got good weather coming this weekend so Nina is wantin' some work done and I've promised her.

Still building Dougster

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Yesterday was a very happy milestone. The day broke sunny and warm, with an eventual high of 81. The morning was time for an important install :D Here, it begins:

You can see, things are a bit tight. Not much room, but measure twice and make the cut:

So what's the install? Look:

Yep, but that's no ordinary cup holder. Maybe two years ago or more Cracker Larry saw me struggling with the consoles and in response to a post I made about leaving the dock on a fair morning with a hot cuppa, sent me this cup holder :!: Yeah, we've never met, but he ships that cup holder to me as a gift toward splash day. It will hold my coffee and surely some even nicer beverages :lol: . It will also remind me of all the help from people on this board and encourage me to do what I can to pay it forward. Thanks Larry :wink:

Gettin' by with a little help from his friends Dougster

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

:D :D :D My pleasure Doug!

Sure wishing for some of that 81 degrees here. Send me some of that as a swap :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Steven

Post by Steven »

Looking good Dougster. Sure is pretty this weekend. I took off Friday for the Wife and Monday to give me 3 boat building days. Couldn't be nicer. I love that cup holder. I have two on my console now and I'm considering putting 3 on the new console. Great for drinks, cell phones, keys, eye glasses. etc.... :)

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Hey Steven, they are nice. I bet I throw keys and lures in 'em too. My wife wants the same kind on the port console, so the order is in :D

Happy with warmer weather Dougster