Cracker Larry's OD 18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ThistleDewDayDreamin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cracker Larry's OD 18

Post by ThistleDewDayDreamin »

8O Wow!! 8O

I should very much like to sit with a tape recorder, a laptop, and a few bottles of (name your poison) with you, & Mrs. Cracker somewhere warm for about a week. We'd get that book(s) published. You could finance your AB23 with the royalties and I'd have a great collection of stories to tell my grand kids some day. Entertaining in the least, captivating at par, and certainly mostly true!! You don't by chance have a bit of Irish in you somewhere do you? You've obviously kissed the stone at Blarney! :) :wink: Keep em coming CL they surely best some of the other stuff we've been reading around here lately. Good stuff. :P
My bride, my health, warm winds, Buffet tunes, my friends, good food, great spirits,... and the water. All I'll ever need :)

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

What a STORY :!: I'm still trying to figure out how the Kansas kid was gonna justify those tickets. Field sobriety test :?: :lol: :lol: That would've been a tough one to sell in court. Glad you all made it out okay. Sounds like more than just a good boat. Someone somewhere said it wasn't your time. 8 ft hole in the bottom, 3 feet of bow ripped off, 20 knots in a sail boat, some moron's massive wake, a solid attempt to pull you over sideways, and she was still upright 8O

Will

PS I think what we all want to know is did you spill your drink? :lol:

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

I am glad I stumbled in on this one..

Good story Larry.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

PS I think what we all want to know is did you spill your drink?
Surely you jest :lol: I only do that on flat, stable surfaces. Shut up, Bradley, don't say a word :lol: I think Doc Dyer has witnessed every drink I've spilled in the last 2 years :wink:

I should very much like to sit with a tape recorder, a laptop,
No tapes, no cameras, no notebooks, no evidence :lol: George is leaving his badge home when he comes to Boca Grande, or I'll throw it in the river too.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

No tapes, no cameras, no notebooks, no evidence George is leaving his badge home when he comes to Boca Grande, or I'll throw it in the river too.
You damn right I'll leave it at home. I've not had a vacation in quite some time and I'll be danged if I'm gonna work while I'm there. I plan on staying drunk a fair portion of the time and hopefully I only remember about half the weekend anyway :D

george
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

cape man

Post by cape man »

I plan on staying drunk a fair portion of the time and hopefully I only remember about half the weekend anyway
You can count on us to help you out there if that's your intent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :help: :help:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Can police officers drink moonshine :doh:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

You darn right they can :D It's been a while since I had any, used to steal it from my uncle's cabin when I was a teenager. He made some pretty good stuff :help:
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

ThistleDewDayDreamin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ThistleDewDayDreamin »

It's been my experience that police officers, and judges have the best moonshine, ....,.... grass ....,... weapons, ..... , ..... cars.,.... and friends. :lol: Most are politely disinclined to share though :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My bride, my health, warm winds, Buffet tunes, my friends, good food, great spirits,... and the water. All I'll ever need :)

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re:

Post by Larry B »

Cracker Larry wrote:
When it was done, we quickly attached it at the bow, tight up to the pattern with 3 screws, then stretched it like a banjo string. Got some clamps and screws in the stern to keep it stretched. Bedded it with plenty of 5200, and drilled and installed all the screws. It came out great we think :D

C Larry, I'm getting ready to get things together and wanted to know how much 5200 I would need for the rub rail? I'm going to use Black so it will blend into the rail. I was thinking two 10oz tubes would do, but thought I'd ask just to be sure.
Completed: FL14, OD18