OD16 Launch

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

That interior really looks good :!: It would look even better in my boat :wink: :P
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

rcihard
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by rcihard »

Tim, Larry thanks for the comments. The longest part of the process was setting down the tape, after that I just brushed on the deck tread. It really works well, I put a can of beer on the gunwhale without the tread and it slipped right of the edge (I caught it - it was half full!) Then put the can on the tread, didnt move an inch!
Tim I do like fly casting, I have a five and an eight weight fly rig that I use for sight casting along the beach and plan to use them on the boat, so you do make a good point about the T Top. It will cut out at least half my target area from the casting deck. Will have to consider a fold down bimini maybe?
Still have to fit the shield and fish finder first before that.

Cheers

Richard

rcihard
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by rcihard »

Just found Jacques instructions for posting photos in a message (while reading a post by Cracker Larry), so I thought I would try it.

Here goes
Richard

rcihard
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by rcihard »

That worked well. Thanks Jacques for the instructions, very clear and very simple (which helps for non technicals like me!)
Richard

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Again I'll say that is a great job! Is the console the one included with the plans or is that your own design?
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

rcihard
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by rcihard »

Larry, I did change the design of the console. Mine is about 1 metre across the base ( approx 3') and 850mm across the top. It stands 800 high whichI think is 50mm shorter than the plans say. The front seat houses the batteries and again is not as deep or high as the original plans.
The consol width does not inhibit movement around to the pointy end, (there is about 320mm width between hull side and console at the deck level.) The top of the consol is 220mm wide on which I plan to position my fish finder and some other gadgets if swmbo will let me spend the money!!
I have a seat box behind the console which is 900 x 350 x 400 high divided into two compartments that hold 2 x 25 litre eskies (I think you guys call them coolers??)
I still have to paint some of the internals of the console, apart from that its just a matter of fitting gadgets (I have a 30mhz marine radio located inside the console).

I will post pictures when I have finished the internal painting (cant do it this week rain is forcast for next five days, so back to the fireplace and whiskey!)
Cheers
Richard

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Very nice 8) Thanks for the information on the console.

Your bow and side decks really came out great, also. I hope mine can look that professional :lol:

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Wow! That's yet another very impressive OD16. Nice job!

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Very nice Richard, its nice to see others consoles. The meter seems to leave you plenty of room, in the OD16. Like the colors, very classy.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy