A British FS17

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: A British FS17

Post by cape man »

Now We're talkin'!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Been waiting for this picture and know exactly how good it felt! I knew you were going to float high and dry on the scuppers with the way you built her. You should be fine with the girls and the wife, a cooler and gear, especially if you move the fuel forward. Lookin' forward (I hate it when the same word is the best to use so close to the last time you use it, but lets just keep going forward...)to the peformance when you can drop the throttle all the way down. She's a beauty Steve and you should be very, very proud. Now put some blood on the deck!!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

topwater

Post by topwater »

Congrats Steve :!:
I am glad to see you could wipe the snow off and get her wet.
How long did it take to wipe that smile off your face :?:
Novi 23 finally launched !

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

She looks great...

Very cool place for the launch too.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Sorry I'm late, Looking great but indeed very cold also! congratulations on the splash! 8)
Cracker Larry wrote:Amazing how much the Bristol waterfront looks just like downtown Savannah.
Larry take a look at the background and then my avatar, yeah yeah I know with a lot of imagination, but still the pastel colors are there :wink:

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Thanks for all the nice comments :D .. yes it was cold, but I was determined to get the boat in the water, it's taken long enough as it is.
Larry I had a look back at your thread, about Savannah, & it is uncanny. Bristol isn't really a working harbour any more as it is ten miles up the tidal avon river, but in the days of empire was one of the biggest ports in the UK. Also it was one of the principle slaving ports & a lot of the big mansions were built on the backs of misery, sadly :(

Now We're talkin'!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

She's a beauty Steve and you should be very, very proud. Now put some blood on the deck!!
I will, I will & I am:lol: I know its a sin but I can't help it.....do you walk around yours thinking did I really build that?
How long did it take to wipe that smile off your face
All day, & the rest of the evening :lol:

We did about 7 miles in total, It showed up a few niggles, like not enough throttle adjustment in reverse, need a few extra cleats for fenders. The bow hatch is to small to get right up into the front to get at anything easy, but all small stuff & easy to fix.
I would like to thank everyone who took the time, & had the patience to help me & steer me when I needed it.This is surely the best boat building resource on the net, I don't think I would have anything as good as what I ended up with,without the advice from everyone 8) , from the talented amatuers who contribute to the professionals who run the site
Thanks,all of you :) :) :) 8)
Steve. :D :D

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Also it was one of the principle slaving ports & a lot of the big mansions were built on the backs of misery, sadly

Same here Steve :( One of the greatest travesties man has ever committed against other men.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Hey congrats on the Splash Steve. Boat looks really nice in the water. That's gotta be one satisfying experience. I can't wait for mine :D

Steven

Post by Steven »

Looking great Steve. Can't wait for some action shots and performance numbers once you can open 'er up.

cape man

Post by cape man »

do you walk around yours thinking did I really build that?
Wasted a half hour last night! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

cape man wrote:
do you walk around yours thinking did I really build that?
Wasted a half hour last night! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think that would be more like: Quality Time :D
Completed: FL14, OD18