Cape Man's Dory

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Cape Man's Dory

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 pm Did you gut it before cooking it 8O
I’m trying to think of any conditions which one would not clean the fish prior to cooking. I have none. Is there some fish you all don’t clean up there?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Now that looks like a feast. :D Looking forward to a cape man ceviche feast report. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Just checking. I saw head, tail and fins so I was wondering if this was some special Cracker way of eating them :doh:

cape man

Post by cape man »

20200919_065331.jpg
Got out before sunrise this morning. Beautiful day! Caught enough Spanish Mackerel to fire up the smoker tomorrow. Clara is running like a top. 3 guys, two coolers, tackle, and we were hitting 28 mph at 6000 rpms. Ran a good 30 miles including 2 + hours of trolling and burned just over 5 gallons of gas.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Great way to bust open a day! :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

cape man wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:20 pm ...Caught enough Spanish Mackerel to fire up the smoker tomorrow....
I've never smoked Spanish Mackerel, only mullet. How do they compare?
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looks and sounds like a great day!

cape man

Post by cape man »

Mackerel make great smoked fish spread.

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Great video, looks like a lovely ride.
Alan.