Lung Boy's FS17

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Lung Boy's FS17

Post by peter-curacao »

remedy32 wrote:Hi Lung,
Here's a look forward.
Bill in CT
I think that is a very good hatch option for seats, I was planning to do the same thing in my V seats at the bow,in my opinion when finished almost impossible for water to enter there, great thinking Image

remedy32

Post by remedy32 »

Actually the hatch in the casting deck area is missing the rest of the inside trim to channel spray back down into the cockpit. You can see the first piece in place. It's got a groove routed in it to direct the water (hopefully).

Bill

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

remedy32 wrote:Actually the hatch in the casting deck area is missing the rest of the inside trim to channel spray back down into the cockpit. You can see the first piece in place. It's got a groove routed in it to direct the water (hopefully).

Bill
I think I know exactly what you are building :wink: that's why I wrote
when finished almost impossible for water to enter there

cape man

Post by cape man »

Hey Lung Boy!!! Whatup?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Lung Boy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lung Boy »

cape man, i'm back. :)

Taped in the frames and the motorwell sides. Also added a frame. I didn't even ask anyone if it was a good idea to add the extra frame, I just did it.

The layout is going to be a center console. A rear deck up to the extra frame that added. The baitwell will go between frame E and the added frame with storage compartments on each side. The baitwell walls will be lined with 1/2 inch H80 foam. May need some help with a layup schedule.

The forward deck will go back to frame B. A gas tank will go in front of frame B. I envision a wide tank (almost the width of the boat at frame B) of about 15 gallons. I would like to run the fuel line under the starboard gunnel.

I need to figure the number and size of chase tubes for steering, controls, electrical, sounder. Any suggestions?

cape man

Post by cape man »

Use nothing less than 2" with wide sweeps for the steering and controls or it will not go through. 1.5" with sweeps for the other stuff.

Glad to see you back at it!!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman