GV13 Build Progress

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Awesome! I love the mods. She should be relatively light weight, quick and nimble. Pics on the water would be great.

JerryF
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JerryF »

I always did like the floor grate idea. :wink:
JerryF
GV11+ G3

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

that is an eye catcher for sure.

I cant wait to see it in the water. and get some performance numbers too.

K-1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by K-1 »

Yeah I am looking forward to the splash report ! I have the GV13 plans and wondered what it would perform like with a 20 HP on it :D

brilandboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by brilandboy »

This build is a real inspiration for me as a prospective first timer - thanks for sharing.
How much foam/flotation were you able to fit in?
Nina's been enticing me but I want a simpler first project that can also be useful. I plan to take any shortcut this first time, plywood kit, resin kit (think BoatBuilderCentral will make a SilverTip Epoxy Kit for the GV13?), even a epoxy toolkit if they'll put one together (rollers, brushes, measurers, etc. ... have no idea really, and really starting from scratch, except a few household tools) - although I have many years of small to mid boating use.
Questionable idea - my son (15) and I (way too old to bounce in a small boat like I used to :)) may want to go through some chop to nearby islands (Bahamas), but if I had a higher seat where I could stand quickly for a good smack and sit back down, maybe a small jetski / motorbike type seat on top of the bench seat and protruding a bit forward?? And one for him on the port side with a grab rail in front as he won't have a steering wheel to hold onto. Of course he will mutiny in short order and be in the captain's seat.
With the various angles underfoot, what's the simplest non-slip solution for this boat?
Les.

ScottE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Launched

Post by ScottE »

I launched 2 weeks ago and I'm very pleased with this design! :D After a 4 hour break in, the Yamaha performed flawlessly with this hull and performance is great! I'll measure top speed on my next outing (GPS) and report as soon as I'm able (and post on the water pics.)

Brilandboy, I highly recommend this design for it's flexibility and stability. I'm also not going to use the floor grate in front of the driver's seat after all, as the center of gravity is better without it and the flooring is non-slip (non-slip added to the final coat of paint), and the stringers provide lateral footing stability that is actually quite nice in the chop!

The MarineEpoxy was a pleasure to use and us first timers are pleased with the results. Buy LOTS of chip brushes and latex gloves, I went through 2 boxes (100 count) easily!

ScottE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Launched

Post by ScottE »

First Launch and motor break-in, more to follow soon!

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

great job ScottE.. And dont forget the performance reports. Let us know anything you do to get the COG adjusted to your liking...

Great boat.

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Look at that fiiiine lookin' vessel! Very nice. Congratulations.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

She looks real nice in the water. Sweet lines and she looks to be in good trim. Very nice 8)