Curacao CS 25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

The molds are full size, and can either be cut from throw-away mold material OR they can can be made from all the small pieces of the frames.

The frames are the actual pieces that go in the boat - the molds in the same location and are the same shape as the frame, so can use the same measurements.

Note: because the frames are interrupted (cut into smaller pieces) by the intersection of the stringers and sole, you will have to take into account the thickness of those pieces

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

1. Peter, if you have a question, please post in "Power Boats" not in "Builder's Power Boats". The "power Boats" forum is for technical questions, this forum is for builders to document their building story.
I do not always check this forum.
2. The frames and bulkheads, except for 1 or 2, fit on standard plywood sheets because they are made of small pieces but not the molds.
The molds (located at the stations) can be made of several pieces. See pictures of molds in the gallery.
For one or two frames, I cheat by leaving a small gap (less than 10 mm) just at the top on each side.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter sorry for the Netherlands slip I watched part of it. It was and unbelievable match by them. Italy looked shell shocked and looked like they didn't belong in the game. The Netherlands sure looked good in there orange.

The reason I said look at the nesting diagram is just what you discovered. It will be cheaper for you to use cheap plywood or OSB for the molds/stations on the build. Then once you get to putting her together after glassing the inside cut your good plywood according to the nesting plans.

Just my .02.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Thank's everybody for the answers, so if I understand correctly I have to make those 3 molds out of several pieces.
Sorry for the wrong posting :oops: next time I will put questions in the correct forum.
@ Tom, that Netherlands slip no problem at all man :lol:

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

You are correct Peter a few peices. Try to work it so you use as few as possible to keep your cost down. They are only temporary after all.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Ok Tom and the rest, I think it has to be something like this

Ciao

Peter

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

That works fine.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Ok glad that's out of the way, I really thought I did something wrong because of what I have read before.
This afternoon I measured and cut stations B and E, a little bit more work now, because of the expanding of the wood sheets but still funn :P
So two more stations to go, so putting up the jig this Saturday and Sunday must be possible I think/hope so. :doh:
Also epoxy glued the inside stingers together, hope to glue the outside stingers tomorrow afternoon and also measure and cut the last two stations, so I can take a short break Friday to see the match against France.
Question to the readers of this topic NOT building related :roll: if I place the pics of the progress should I post them only in my album, or in my album and also here?

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Post at least a representation of your progress here so that we can follow the build easily! Haven't seen one of these built yet, lokoking forward to it!

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

I'd post 2-4 of the most important ones here and provide a link to your gallery.

Tom

PS What time is the match on Friday.
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy