Curacao CS 25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Wow thank you all for the overwhelming comments real nice.

Cracker Larry if you mean cut outs for the details on the marlins I did that with a dremmel cutting wheel but since I did not had the dremmel tool (sold out) I did it with a small drill what wasn't easy because I could only hold the drill at its housing to control the wheel, consequence was a very very hot machine because my hands where closing of the ventilation vents (big hands small machine :lol: ) but no blisters :P

Tom Yes I did sand the marlins down to base. I just used a pencil to mark them of on the hardwood It's not that precise :oops: as you are thinking that's why I used sanddust from the same hardwood to cover that up

thank's again

Peter

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter you are asking question about your boat in other peoples threads thus a HIJACK. If you have a question on your boat ask about it here that is what this section is set up for. It is common courtesy not to ask about what is going on with your boat on someone elses thread, although you will probably get answered do to everyone wanting to help each other.

If you need an answer from Jacque post it in the Boat Builders Section at the head of the column.

I hope this helps you in understanding and getting the best answers to your questions and answers not just from me. There are many people interested in your build but they can't follow what your doing if you keep posting questions in other peoples Threads.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

TomW wrote:Peter you are asking question about your boat in other peoples threads thus a HIJACK. If you have a question on your boat ask about it here that is what this section is set up for. It is common courtesy not to ask about what is going on with your boat on someone elses thread, although you will probably get answered do to everyone wanting to help each other.

If you need an answer from Jacque post it in the Boat Builders Section at the head of the column.

I hope this helps you in understanding and getting the best answers to your questions and answers not just from me. There are many people interested in your build but they can't follow what your doing if you keep posting questions in other peoples Threads.
PS
Tom
:oops: Tom and everybody else sorry for that I really wasn't aware of that, it's just when reading other treats sometimes questions come up regarding my build it wasn't my intension to be impolite, maybe I'm just a little to enthousiastic?
Next time when a question come up while reading a other thread I will make a quote of it and place it here with the question I have, I hope that's the right Forum etiquette.

PS What I did here http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=15 Is that a HIJACK to ?

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

nope just honest discussion. Questions on an other site not good discussion on another sight okay. We learn from each other, through the discussions. And by answering the questions you pose on your site. If they are not on your site we can't help you as well as they are hidden somewhere else. Hope this makes sense to you.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

:doh: I think I understand alltough it's a little vague for me Tom, but you did make your point.
Question I hope I can post it here, I have a spray paint compressor 1.5 HP with a small tank, way to small to spray a 25 hull.
I was thinking to connect a big old propane tank to it, will that give me a longer time to spray at a good pressure for a long time?
Or when I do that is that just killing my motor on the compressor? :doh:

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Hi Peter

Nice boat. Huge. Sorry I missed the pictures. Keep them coming.

Nice craftsmanship. Did you use a jig saw to cut the marlins from plywood?

Great job, keep it up

Bushmaster

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

A 1.5 HP compressor is pretty small you can try but you may just burn it up. Check to see if it has a over heat cutout if it does then you may be okay. You won't be able to maintain pressure I don't think maybe one of the other guys can answer that. Peter you can also ask questions like this in the Paint section or the Power Boat section.

I hope I didn't offend you just trying to get your questions out to the maximum amout of people by you asking them under your own posts, instead of someone else's.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Peter, not to worry, it took me a while to figure it out too :oops: :wink:

Let me try to help clarify what Tom is saying about how the site is set up.

This particular section we are on, titled Builders Power Boats, is for power boat builders to share their build with other builders, show off their skills or lack there of, and to generally shoot the breeze about building your boat. If you ask a technical question here, it may not get read or answered by an expert in a timely manner, maybe never.

If you have a technical question about building, you should start a thread in the Plans and Building section at the top. The boat masters like 1 topic/ 1 builder questions so as not to confuse. For instance if some one asks a question, and Jacques answers it, then someone else asks another question in the same thread, Jacques will probably never read it because he assumes he's already answered. Does that makes sense?

If your question is about painting, you should post it in the Resins, Fiberglass, Paint section. If it's about plywood or foam, then ask it in the Core Materials heading. Sticking to the 1 builder/ one boat question rule.

Those are the sections the experts will look for questions in, and you will get a timely answer.

Hope that helps you some.:D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

bushmaster thank you, yes I did use a jigsawfor the Marlins.
Tom don't worry you didn't offend me at all, it's always nice to know how something works. :wink:
Larry It's all clear to me thank you except for this
For instance if some one asks a question, and Jacques answers it, then someone else asks another question in the same thread, Jacques will probably never read it because he assumes he's already answered. Does that makes sense?
I don't want to offend Jacques, but I did that once here http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?t=16965&start=0
Strange thing is I never did get answer from Jacques, Capt H repeated the question in that same topic, there never came an answer from Jacques. :doh:
Well maybe Jacques missed it, but there came a lot of helpful answers from other builders :P

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Well, that happens sometimes, but it is still more likely to get answered there. I'm sure it was unintentional. That question/thread only lasted about 3 days, spanning a weekend. Even J needs a weekend off sometimes:lol:

If you really need his answer, just call him on the phone :wink: :P.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose