FS17 low sheer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Tagged
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tagged »

Shine,

Are you going to follow the sheer line of the FS, or flatten the sheer to look like a phantom, or do something in between?

Tag

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

FS17 update:

8 pages of pictures in the gallery... 8O :D

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=867

Last week we finished cutting the side panels, transom, and stringer. The MDF mold were already cut. The MDF molds are all disposable.

In our CNC kits, we are now supplying these MDF molds and bow mold. Note our new notched “snap togetherâ€

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

8O By next week we will see you in it :lol: :lol: Very quick! Lookin' good!

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

Show off...

very nice.. You make it look like I could even do it..

I bet that pre-cut kit helps.. Looks like it lines up perfectly..

Spokaloo
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Spokaloo »

Hey Joel, can you pack a white t-shirted kid to be an assistant with each kit? He sure would come in handy getting those cardboard rolls in place for us build-alone guys.....

Looks good!

E

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Very nice Joel!

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Daniel Huckleberry »

Great Tutorial, Joel.

I hope I can afford a pre-cut kit for my next build. I think it will be much more fair not to mention less frustrating.

Thanks for all the pics

Huck

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

mecreature wrote: I bet that pre-cut kit helps.. Looks like it lines up perfectly..
Thats the only reason it all went together so quickly. I do not have the skill or patience to cut panels that accurately :!: The molds/jig was huge time saver. The mold all rest on the same plane, so there are no upright supports to mess with - just two 2x6 for the molds to rest on, then snap in the stringers.

One thing I forgot to mention is the bow mold hooks into the first two mold stations - this aligns the bow mold perfectly and hold the first two molds at 90 degrees. Then the stringer go into their notches in the mold and everything is square :!:
Hey Joel, can you pack a white t-shirted kid to be an assistant with each kit? He sure would come in handy getting those cardboard rolls in place for us build-alone guys....
That is Joseph, he does all our packaging and shipping of materials. He did a much of the finish work on the Aquasport, and he will help me some on this boat. We build a few surfboards together and he is getting very good with epoxy/glass.

Having a hand for the zip tie was nice 8)

dpurcell
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dpurcell »

Looking Good Joel, goin' together very quickly! 8O With this modification what are the necessary structures for the motor well/aft end of the boat? I noticed you made the stringers with "knees", will there still be a motorwell bulkhead? One other question, is the MDF 1/2" or 3/8" and do you sell that to the non kit guys? It always seems to be stored with a big bend in it at the big box stores, not to mention it seems a little pricey at 20 some bucks a sheet.
On another note, is it alright if I have Mickey call you about the surfboard stuff? I feel like the middle man on this and I think I need to be eliminated in order to for this to start moving!

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

About the braces.
Since there is no motorwell and no motorwell sides to act as braces, I had to incorporate the bracing in the stringers.
In the standard version, the motorwell sides do the job.
If we have to design a kit for the standard version, I may very well incorporate those same braces in the stringers just to make the assembly easier. We'll see when somebody orders that kit.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com