PH18 Build in North Dallas (PH20)

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PH18 Build in North Dallas (PH20)

Post by flyfishingmonk »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:26 pm Sulking about lack of mini-boat building options.

I’m like that. Day late and a couple screw loose from a full dozen (if your going to mix metaphors mix them like a batch of epoxy!).
Ha!
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27
Build Photos at Fly Fishing Monk's Phantom 18
Work Bio at Provision Retirement

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

A little more progress. During the work week it is a bit more challenging to break away. The hooks for the net continue.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

You sure do some pretty work there Casey.

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 am You sure do some pretty work there Casey.
Thanks Fuzz!!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Casey your boat work is beautiful as always. Have you even had a chance to go fly fishing between it the family and your jobs. :D I know how much you like to be out on the water. Just keep reading the book I sent you on catching trout up here in the mountains as a dream trip, someday. :) :)

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

TomW1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:41 pm Casey your boat work is beautiful as always. Have you even had a chance to go fly fishing between it the family and your jobs. :D I know how much you like to be out on the water. Just keep reading the book I sent you on catching trout up here in the mountains as a dream trip, someday. :) :)

Tom
Thanks Tom! The time on the water has been less for sure. I did get to catch some nice pike last Summer, but that was about it. Hopefully this year I can spend more time on the water. Would love to fish up there sometime. It looks great up that direction!

Casey

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

Here are the net holder hooks. I am running out of things to make out of wood for this boat, and and to transition over to epoxy and fiberglass. I kind of like the epoxy and fiberglass work, but not near as much as I like the wood working part. I keep looking around the garage for more things to build. I guess it is time to start mixing. I also worked on the oversized mounting holes for the battery charger. I will fill them with thickened epoxy.

The kids are loving working the Dremel tool to make a slingshot out of a branch. The last pic is of a little boat Elise has been making out of scrap. This is the second one. I looked up and she had the first one ready to glue up, clamped down to a board and everything.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Looking good Casey my friend. Those helpers just keep getting bigger from when we started corresponding. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Everything is looking good! Love the kids having an interest in the wood working.

Seems you need more tools for them! :wink:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Lovely wood working. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).