BassMunn's PH16 - SPLASHED!!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by stickystuff »

I have to snail mail these to you. Send me your mailing address.
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Shame Ken you don't have to send me your printed photos, but if you want to :D send to:
Umm could you rather send me a mail so that I can get your email address, I don't really want to post all my details on the net. I would send you a pm but it seems that my messaging service on here doesn't work (I don't think my account has ever been activated properly)(did you get the pm I sent earlier?)

Thanks

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Nice glasswork, very neat & clean. I overlap by 4 or 5" if possible. 2" is a bare minimum really, you need the overlaps for strength.
Steve

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Thanks Steve, I'm gonna use a full panel sized sheet down the sides so it will give me about 5" of overlap. Should do the trick :D

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

Nice looking build - did you add some to the sheer? On my Ph16 there was only enough room for two - three wire ties at the bow. Looks good

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Chalk wrote:Nice looking build - did you add some to the sheer? On my Ph16 there was only enough room for two - three wire ties at the bow. Looks good
Thanks Chalk. No I cut the parts as per the plans. I've obviously got the odd slight cutting error here and there, but so far I haven't found anything that a slight sanding can't sort out.
I did have my cable ties very close together on the bow, I tried 3 at first, but they snapped twice so I put more in, the holes were about 1 1/2" apart.

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

Seems like more area there than mine - here's a pic of my bow

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

GeeWiz I see what you mean! Now you've got me worried.

Maybe the plans have been changed slightly, here are the drawings of the bow panel

I don't look too far off, but I'm going to go measure again just to make sure

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Chalk, I've just checked everything out and my measurements are correct.

But there definately seems to be a plan change somewhere along the line.
If I look at the PH16's built by Doug Skogman, Casey Jones and your picture and John Pelligrino's PH18, they all have the smaller (more tapered) hull side points.
But if I look at mine and Gordons (Not sure his surname) they have the larger less tapered points. Here is the link to Gordons build site. You can clearly see there is a difference. http://desertphantom.blogspot.com/
The latter seems to be the newer plan :doh:

Do you have a build log by the way, I like to see each builders work to see if i can pick up some new ideas.

Thanks

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

I actually like it - was thinking of doing another one but with a lower sheer...Build on 8)