Completed FS17

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Kurt I believe it also has to hold that pressure for 12 hours.

Tom

onemilehigh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by onemilehigh »

I agree with KRE, the shop should test every tank they make. The last tank I had made the shop tested to 4 psi. I am sure there are different ways, but the shop I used checked the tank after 24 hours to make sure it still was at 4 psi. Guess it's similar to a leak down test.

M

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Onemile I think your shop used the right test. There is a USCG requirement that tanks must meet, I just can't lay my hads on them right now. Your test sounds right though. It has been a while. Don't get many tanks built or tested. I thought I had it bookmarked but can't find it right now.

Tom

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Thanks All for the detailed info on pressure testing. I will sure to make sure that I get the tank pressurised before installation.

Bushmaster

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

carolinaboatbuilder
New Poster
New Poster

Post by carolinaboatbuilder »

KRE- beautiful FS17. You should be proud, I bet it is hard to get off dock with everyone asking who is manufacturere!

I just finished bottom and side coats on mine. Will try to flip today, if I find enough man(woman) power available. I really like your rub rail. Could you tell me which Taco profile,part number you usedDid you get kit with end caps and insert?

Hope to post some pics, if I can fiqgure out how to do. Maybe I just email to Joel to post.

Tri, Manteo,NC :doh:

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Tri,

Sorry for the late reply. I only do this internet thing when I'm cant work outside. The Taco Part Number is V11-3447 with a black insert. The kit comes with end caps, screws, insert and rail. Also a handy DVD for installation tips. At the tip of the bow I used a heat gun to render the rail plyable and just bent it around. Pain in the arse but worth every sweat bead spent. The combination of Jacques overhang and this rubrail is a real side saver when next to an old nasty dock. Hope this isnt to late. Good luck

Kurt

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Tri, hope the flip went well,
sorry I wasn't around the day you stoped by,& my garage was trashed

Daniel