CS23 Charleston SC

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: CS23 Charleston SC

Post by peter-curacao »

Congrats on this step, looking forward to the pics 8)

D2Maine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by D2Maine »

nm
Last edited by D2Maine on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishin'
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by fishin' »

looking good! All of the sudden, we have a lot of builds going on in the Charleston area.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

leotis,

I would take that bulkhead out before planking just to make life easier later on, besides that you don't really need it for the planking.Just my two cents

Peter

Leotis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Leotis »

peter-curacao wrote:leotis,

I would take that bulkhead out before planking just to make life easier later on, besides that you don't really need it for the planking.Just my two cents

Peter
Your talking about frame F? You have done this already so if you think it will be easier later i will take it out. Thanks Peter.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Now I see you have less frames as I do so I don't know if it's F, I mean the frame before the transom

Leotis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Leotis »

peter-curacao wrote:Now I see you have less frames as I do so I don't know if it's F, I mean the frame before the transom
Yes , i have one less than you do, now that i've gotten this far i wish i would have ordered the CS25 plans. I would start over if i thought i was going to have more time. Are you still waiting on your fuel tanks? Did you ever consider saddle tanks? Not sure if you we could use them on the carolina style boats?

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Leotis wrote:
peter-curacao wrote:Now I see you have less frames as I do so I don't know if it's F, I mean the frame before the transom
Yes , i have one less than you do, now that i've gotten this far i wish i would have ordered the CS25 plans. I would start over if i thought i was going to have more time. Are you still waiting on your fuel tanks? Did you ever consider saddle tanks? Not sure if you we could use them on the carolina style boats?
To be honest I don't know what you mean by a saddle tank :oops: Yes I'm still waiting for my tanks they told me next week they are finished at last, Saturday they will be here to dry fit them and make a final decision for the connections. You are making the bracket version of the 23 so actual you have the 25 :wink: (think the glass half full not half empty)

Leotis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Leotis »

peter-curacao wrote:
Leotis wrote:
To be honest I don't know what you mean by a saddle tank :oops: Yes I'm still waiting for my tanks they told me next week they are finished at last, Saturday they will be here to dry fit them and make a final decision for the connections. You are making the bracket version of the 23 so actual you have the 25 :wink: (think the glass half full not half empty)

This is a Saddle tank, they go in the Gunwhales. They are tapered, larger at the top than at the bottom, Same concept as the belly tanks. just in a different location.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Nice but I think it would make Bateau boats with a 100+ gallon capacity unstable, not sure though :doh: