OB19 build in Texas - I accidentally deleted my gallery They're trying to restore.

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Matt Gent
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: OB19 build in Texas - It's never done

Post by Matt Gent »

How did you cut the nice circles in the starboard for the vents? Pair of hole saws?

Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Steven »

Yup. I clamped the starboard on the drill press table and drilled the inner then the outer with hole saws. Then I split that on the band saw to make two rings.

Steven

Post by Steven »

I damaged the carpet covered wheel well protector a while ago and made a hasty repair. So hasty it fell completely off at some point. :) So I set out to make a nicer more permanent solution. When I load the boat on the trailer, I back it down so that the top of the fenders are just out of the water. This works well in smooth calm, but I've had the boat push over the fender a couple times with a strong side wind. . There isn't much room between the inner fender and the boat. So I made some replacements from Coosa board. I radiused the inner edge and covered it with 2 layers of 3.25 cloth. It takes the curves and radius easily. The outside I put a layer of 12oz. to add strength against pulling through the screw heads. They came out very nice. I extended them an inch above the fenders to add some protection in a side wind.

I'm going to get some wheel spacers and move the wheels out 1/2" on each side to give more clearance.

I also replace my Analog Tach with this Lowrance Multi-Function gage. Very cool. Lots of data display options. It synchs on the network. If I dim my HDS display, the Multi-Function gage dims as well. You can turn off the feature, but I like it. Technology rocks.

Sorry for bad pic. It is displaying RPM's, Gal/Hr, Mpg and speed over ground. I need to get a paddle wheel. If I adjust the Trim, it displays the Trim gage automatically and goes back to previous view after 10 seconds.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Neat Steven! 8) How's your wife doing on her chemo.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Steven

Post by Steven »

So far, so good. No severe nausea, which was her big fear.