Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Joe's P19

Post by Joe H »

Eric, I have to glass it before I can fair it but I'm going for it, I just got in from the garage glued the front together and plug the holes I put in when I screwed the side panels together.
Dougster, I been watching your tread pretty much from the bigining, side panels and all, Oh, and I'm going to have an aluminum gas tank made for the boat. :)

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I filled in the gaps with woodflour & epoxy mix, put in a ½" fillet on all the hard edges and I'm ready to glass, I have some time off for Thanksgiving so will see what I can get done between eating & fishing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe H

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

Looks cool..

Nice to see another pic.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I made a little progress over the long Thanksgiving weekend, I managed to tape all the outside seems but I had to do the Transom twice because of air bubbles, the only difference was I used slow hardner on the chines and fast hardner on the transom, I ended up sanding it all down and re-doing the whole thing, I put more of a radius on the transom edges just to be sure, they might have been a little smaller then 1/2". :oops:
It was worth re-doing it though because it came out perfect the second time around and I feel much better about it.

Here's a few pictures of my progress.

Joe H

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Wow, that's real neat work. I never quite seem to get it that nice, but then I'm used to me by now. I have noticed it's usually worth it to do over if you're agitated over it. Always a good feeling to make it better. 'Course there's that good 'nuff point of view, but it's a risky path. No risk for you up on that high road you're travelin'

Watchin' it happen Dougster

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Thanks Dougster, beleive me there are plenty of good 'nuff area's that only the builder know's about! :lol:

Joe H

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

Very neat work Joe. I agree; make sure it's done correctly now and no heart ache in the future :D I'm currently in the midst of grinding down and cleaning up an area that I did a "quick job" on a few months ago right before I flipped my boat. It'll end up costing me an extra 10-15 hours to do what should've been done right the first time :oops: Live and learn.

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Hey Will, don't know if I can make it any shinyer but I'll keep on fixing the f, huh, over sights. :)
Joe H

SmokyMountain
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by SmokyMountain »

Joe,

Looks great!! I'll be chatching up with you soon :P I only hope I can be that neat as you.

I know with system 3 epoxy you can mix slow and fast to make a medium set. So you have time to glass, but it cures quick enough to sand and keep production going. I did that with my previous build and it woked good.

Andrew

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Joe your boat is looking great :!: Nice clean work and great pics as well. Keep up the fine work and we hope to see you in Boca Grande in the Spring....

Richard
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146