Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

Post by Cracker Larry »

6 more years of this rat race before I can go John, besides Larry gave away my 5 acres, now where am I gonna go. :lol:
I could probably come up with another 5, since it's you :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Joe H wrote:
We were going to get you a SS prop so no use in settling for an aluminum one now, since you started with a steel prop. Let me also know the brand and model of the props they gave you to try.
Tom,
I’m done for now, not kidding, my prop guy has seen enough of me and I don’t have the cash for a stainless right now, I think I’m okay, I can get her up to 6000 and more by trimming the motor way up just before she lets go, she feels real good at a cruising speed of 25, thanks for all your help, oh, I ended up with a 13 3/4 X 13 Michigan Wheel.

6 more years of this rat race before I can go John, besides Larry gave away my 5 acres, now where am I gonna go. :lol:

New launch this weekend, now her Mom what’s me to build her a Kayak so they can go out together.

Joe H

Oh, one more thing, Jacques, I love my P19, everything about it, I have a guy here in Michigan that wants me to build him one, he's willing to pay but I do not have it in me to build for someone else, I have my own list I want to build before I can't, so if you know someone who would willing and can do a professional job please let me know.
Joe, no problem with the prop. Glad you got it dialed in with the 13 3/4 x 13. Have a great summer of fishing.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Joe,

I had to look up your neck of the woods; Fair Haven MI on Google. So you are around Lake St. Clair ? If you are I have to say, what an amazing area especially around Anchor Bay, Goose Bay and Clay Township. All those channels, the hundreds of Islands and access to the Great Lakes. Boating paradise :D

Marc

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I had to look up your neck of the woods; Fair Haven MI on Google. So you are around Lake St. Clair ? If you are I have to say, what an amazing area especially around Anchor Bay, Goose Bay and Clay Township. All those channels, the hundreds of Islands and access to the Great Lakes. Boating paradise :D

Marc
It's a great area Marc, Only an hour away from the big city where I work and when I'm out in the boat it feels like I'm hundreds of miles away, I don't think a lot of people realize how vast it really is, well because it's nothing but Lakes and rivers! ha,
Funny thing is I'll be up your way next week on one of the best ice fishing lakes in the world! Lake Simcoe.

Thanks
Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Indeed, when I visited Lake Huron a few years ago...those are like oceans actually and they can get pretty nasty real fast. Plan is to cruise the Rideau Canal and on to Kingston for her maiden voyage (that can be done by canoe inside of 2 weeks) and maybe Toronto and your area eventually. You have to respects those lakes, safety is paramount so one small trip at a time - and close to shore :lol: Those docking areas by your houses 8) - nothing remotely like that at all in my part of the world. Love it.

Have fun on the ice Joe ! The Kawartha region is beautiful. Walleye I guess ?

Marc

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Marc,
If you ever make it to my area you are more then welcome to dock up anytime for as long as you'd like!

Joe H

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

When I first launched the P19 2 years ago my seats were supposed to be temporary, well I finally got around to replacing them with something that complements the boat!
Getting her ready for spring launch!

[image]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userp ... G_1385.JPG[/image]

(I know it's been awhile but the posting of a picture doesn't work like it used to.)

Joe H

cape man

Post by cape man »

Looking good!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Very Nice! 8)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Absolute Classic!!! Very nice!! Jeff