Mark's PH18 in Toronto

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Mark's PH18 in Toronto

Post by MarkOrge »

After months of priming and sanding, filling sanding priming etc. you now.... I said enough and dragged her on to the newly delivered trailer. Off to the paint shop tomorrow. Looks ugly but she is fair and down to 120 grit, the crew at the shop can finish her.

Will post when she returns in a couple weeks. My painter told me should cure in the shop for at least a week.

My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

It must be satisfying reaching such a significant milestone Mark. Congratulations! :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease »

Looks great already, what kind of paint? Are you going to an auto paint shop?

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Thanks Guys, very satisfying indeed and just fun from here o out - finish wiring and bolt everything back on that was dry fit before. She is going to Beacon Bay Marina's shop - they have a 60' paint bay. The product they prefer is Awlgrip.

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Thanks Guys, very satisfying indeed and just fun from here o out - finish wiring and bolt everything back on that was dry fit before. She is going to Beacon Bay Marina's shop - they have a 60' paint bay. The product they prefer is Awlgrip.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Hi Mark looks like you'll get on the water this summer. It's looking good and should come home shining with that Awlgrip.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Hi Mark looks like you'll get on the water this summer. It's looking good and should come home shining with that Awlgrip.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Mark,

Holy sh*t Mark...that is a rocket in waiting 8) 8) Yikes :lol: Your work is top-notch; the building materials look like a ton of fun to use. Fantastic job. Colour scheme ?

Marc

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Hi Blueflood. She is going to be all gloss white, with a navy blue based wrap down the side.

Say, I noticed you are in Ottawa - did you watch and of the Bassmaster's Classic ? Charles Sim from Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters is only the 2nd Canadian to make it all the way to the Superbowl of tournaments through the club system.. He almost made day 3. At one point he was in 11th place on day two. He finished at 31 I believe. I loved his wrap - all Canadian flag(s)

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Mark,

Not at all into fishing much, sorry. The closest thing to live fish is opening up a can of sardines, herring, tuna or salmon - or fresh trout or cod fillets from the fish store :lol: Love to eat it though.

Marc