Mark's PH18 in Toronto

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Mark's PH18 in Toronto

Post by glossieblack »

What a great looking paint job. Congratulations! 8) For me it's a no brainer getting a pro to do the painting. After all, how many of us paint out own cars? :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

glossieblack wrote:What a great looking paint job. Congratulations! 8) For me it's a no brainer getting a pro to do the painting. After all, how many of us paint out own cars? :D
You can get a pretty nice finish with "rolled and tipped" International Perfection paint. :D

topwater

Post by topwater »

Wow 70 gals of epoxy 8O Big difference with a foam layup verses ply .
Novi 23 finally launched !

cape man

Post by cape man »

I have a cut out in the transom of the OD18 and the top of the jack plate is about an inch below that. The motor can be adjusted onto the plate by picking the holes to bolt.

The boat is gorgeous!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Spent most of the weekend prepping for Kiwi grip. Wow this is like paint - 95% of the work is prep but it pays off.

My neighbor Jeremy, who is now a young man since I started htis project 4 years ago is inspecting the prep work on teh rear deck

Janet and I ready to get going on trowelling and rolling

Got most of hte back deck done, here is a teaser. If there was one thing that for me is the biggest impact visually with respects to finishing the project, it is this last step...
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Mark, Great job!! Looks really good!! Jeff

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease »

I agree, great feeling, looks great!

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Sorry guys, I searched and cannot find how to change title, but Tangles & Snags is splashed !

Still lots to do, fuel gauge readds 1/4 when she is full, GPS speedo inop, still sorting out Raymarine mounts, lots of other stuff but heh, she ride like a dream !

Took out on Lake Simcoe today, headed out to the main lake pinned right into it and what waves she did not eat up we just skipped and bounced. This is big chop guys, 2,3,4 feet and lots of wakes from cruisers mixed in. My heavy tank version of the Phantom plus the full tank (42 IMPERIAL gallons) slowed the boat but crushed most of the shite. My Wife and Daughter love the new boat as they don't experience any spray unless it id wind driven - nothing we can do about that.

Some pictures of the switches - had to have fun - and maybe loosen up

I'll get some nice shots on the water, but for now

Sorry for the crappy light on these pictures guys, lighting is weird in my driveway late afternoons. Also sorry for not being able to figure out that magic edit **SPLASHED **

Preliminary data - 17 pitch 4 blade stainless Evinrude - might be a little much. Pinned but not lifted all the way 5000 rpm, no speed data yet (gps speedo inop, on the list of things to do)

More fun to come !
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Congratulations Mark!

Tangles and Snags is a stunner. You've put in the hard work - now you deserve all the enjoyment coming your way. 8)
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

She is beautiful Mark! Congrats on the splash 8) You've done a fine job!
Also sorry for not being able to figure out that magic edit **SPLASHED **
Go to the very first post of your thread, and then into Edit mode. You can change the title there.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose