Mark's PH18 in Toronto

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Wouter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Mark's PH18 in Toronto

Post by Wouter »

Congrats!! Your boat is fantastic! Now enjoy the fishing!

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Stunning. Beautiful. Awesome.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Those switch panels are really cool! How did you go about making the emblems on them?
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

cvincent
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cvincent »

Beautiful job! I love the custom switch panels and the all white color scheme.
Completed D15, Completed PH18

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Beautiful Mark, now you can slay some bass! 8)
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Spectacular boat - congratulations!

Lee

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg »

Hot damn, Mark, she is beautiful!

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Thanks Guys. Tomorrow will be a better trial. Going to hit the lake at daybreak with my Brother in Law and slam some Hawgs!

The switches: https://www.otrattw dot net

I should have performance data but I think ypu guys are correct already - the jack plate can come up at least an inch. I'll have to lay back there when we are at WOT and see the cavitation plate just below the water at he lowest setting in the plate. This will give me grab in rough water then the ability to bring her way up on a calm morning. What I notices is on the highest setting, I can plane from a stand still so my gut tells me it is low. I can simply hook up to the hoist and bring the plate up a hole or two, engine as well if we need. I didn't want the actual holes any higher as that would start to infringe on the 3" rule?

As always input welcome. Looking forward to the August long weekend in Canada!
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

So... dang she rides nice. Ran up the north end of the lake where it turns into a river that leads to a set of locks and had a riot trimmed and jacked up WOT sliding around the bouys like a slalom course. Got a couple nice largies under the bridge and along the lily pads. I don't have the hole shot I did on my last boat but NO big bow rise at take off and she doesn't seem to plane any slower with a full livewell which is over 30 imperial gallons so another 300 pounds. I may drop to a 15 pitch as planed and trimmed at WOT is barely over 5000 RPM and ypu don't want to lug these motors. Back to trim - doesn't seem to make much difference ? Top speed was 42 MPH
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Hi Mark sounds like you have a winner of a boat and she sure is a winner of a looker. As far as props go you need to drop 4" in pitch to go up to about 5800 rpm's if you are running at 5000 rpm's now. So if you have a 17 pitch now go to a 13 pitch for the new prop. This will keep you from as you mentioned from lugging the motor. Most manufacturers have rpm upper limits of around 6000 rpms so you want your top end with end sight of that. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978