FS17 in Connecticut

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
remedy32
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: FS17 in Connecticut

Post by remedy32 »

Straightedge across the boat and cardboard templates.

bill

remedy32

Post by remedy32 »

Funny you should mention the leaning post. When I loaded the picture I had the same thought about doing it.

bill

Bluefish2
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bluefish2 »

I like the "Eastern inspiration". That is what I would like mine to end up looking like. Very nice layout and puts a picture with the concept. Even if it belongs to someone else. Not sure about the leaning post but the front is exactly what I was leaning toward.
BF2

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

remedy32 wrote:Funny you should mention the leaning post. When I loaded the picture I had the same thought about doing it.

bill
I've been thinking about it as well, but with only 3' 6" between the console & the motorwell bulkhead I don't know how viable an idea it is.
I may post the question in the power boat section, can I use that pic, as that is the type of post I've been thinking about.
Steve

remedy32

Post by remedy32 »

but with only 3' 6" between the console & the motorwell bulkhead I don't know how viable an idea it is.
That's why I changed the motor well bulkhead on my boat. The area behind the center console seemed way too cramped for me. I still need to add an additional bulkhead of some sort but I just didn't want to give up a full 18" back there. I think some sort of leaning post or seat will fit the way my boat is set up but it can't be as big as the Eastern's....we'll see.

bill

whosmatt
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by whosmatt »

steve292 wrote: I've been thinking about it as well, but with only 3' 6" between the console & the motorwell bulkhead I don't know how viable an idea it is.
I may post the question in the power boat section, can I use that pic, as that is the type of post I've been thinking about.
Steve
I'm thinking of more of a post myself, literally a leaning post. No storage or anything like that. This will be my first remote-steer boat that I've owned so I'm not going to lock myself into anything until I see what i need, but I sure do like sitting and trolling. If I wasn't planning on taking this one out of the bay, I'd probably be looking at more of a sitting down driving position.

-M
"I then saw the sea as something of great mystery--of alien purpose and dark happenings" - Edward O. Wilson