"BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TW28RJ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: "BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

Post by TW28RJ »

Yes I understood that, more curious as to where you have to place it to get it sitting level (not on its lines)level. I ask this as my build will have less amenities and will need a lot of ballast. I believe as designed without any modifications it will need a fair amount of ballast forward of its cg to sit level. Yavaz's build sat quite high at the bow and didn't have too much additional weight abaft, I'm guessing Macca's too. Knowing this will help with the placement of some things. There are a few of us here (Canada and the us) just about ready to start building. I have the kit and a few other necessities just getting ready to buy the engine, and working on a slight modification to the pilot house and galley. I have the oppisite problem you did, my wife is 5' and I'm 5'6" were planing to lower the gally roof a few inches and make the windows in the pilot house larger for better visibility.

Wasn't a criticism of your work by any means! I may have my friend Tanner translate this and some other questions so nothing gets lost in translation. Both my wife and I speak multible languages unfortunatly Turkish isn't one. I had planed to name our boat after my wife "Borynette" but I have a 2 year old son and you have inspired me to name it after him!

Congratulatios again onthe build!

gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Excellent! I don't know what else to say. Just...WOW! 8)
CC, D15, V10

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

With regards to trimming a new boat. I hope Macca doesn't mind but here's his just after it was splashed. Just a tad light.

Imagea

And here it is right on her lines in running trim.

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Ilker,

Of course I should wait until you did some more tests and have te results. But I am curious.
Is the Berkim not sitting level at rest? Looking at your picture I cannot say, there are two people on the foredeck.
What you wrote is:
Ilker wrote: At 1600 rpms I got around 5 knots.. I was actually testing the systems so I did not rev it up properly but the boat definetely needs ballast.. mostly at the front end of the keel. I guess around 300kgs.. I will test.. add gradually to find the balance because even at 2400rpm the back wants to duck to much..
If the Berkim does 5 knots at 1600 rpm, it will probably do close to 7 knots at 2400 rpm. This the hull speed (or above?) which could partially explain the behaviour.
What are your thoughts? I am really looking forward to more data collected by you.

Peter
LUS

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey ilker, any comments from the designer yet?

Peter you're next when will we see your boat get wet?
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

kiwi
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by kiwi »

Congratulations Ilker!

Very nice boat. Just in time for summer cruising!

Cheers

kiwi
Editor in chief
amateurboatbuilding.com

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

beautiful! Looks like you're gonna have to find a job with more days off :D

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)