"BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TW28RJ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: "BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

Post by TW28RJ »

It's looking really good and all of us TW28 builders in the wings very much appreciate all of the information you have to graciously been posting. It's a reall help. The diesel sounds great and I like the idea of the 21" prop. I missed that during the buld some how. I managed to get an 18" to work out the 21 would have made a huge difference as I could go with a higher reduction.. at 18" we have a 2:1.. What are you running for hp?

Sorry for the jarbled email and miss spellings, I have my 2 year old on my lap.. BTW he was very intersted in your video and he know the word boat very well!

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Missed the launch!!! Wow! Beautiful. Just beautiful. Congratulations.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

UncleRalph
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by UncleRalph »

In my book, you win the award for the most impressive build on this website. Beautiful! I wish you many great adventures in your boat.

Ralph

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

icelikkilinc wrote:
TW28RJ wrote:It's looking really good and all of us TW28 builders in the wings very much appreciate all of the information you have to graciously been posting. It's a reall help. The diesel sounds great and I like the idea of the 21" prop. I missed that during the buld some how. I managed to get an 18" to work out the 21 would have made a huge difference as I could go with a higher reduction.. at 18" we have a 2:1.. What are you running for hp?

Sorry for the jarbled email and miss spellings, I have my 2 year old on my lap.. BTW he was very intersted in your video and he know the word boat very well!
I have an Hyundai.. 2600cc 4 cyl.. 80 hp at 4000 rpm.. it has an prm 150 hyrdaulic gearbox with 2.82:1 gear ratio..

I wouldnt run a 2:1 ratio on a displacement hull.. that is why I have a higher ratio, slower turning bigger prop..

Thanks guys, she has been on home - sea - for a full week now.. early in the morning here, my baby boy wakes me up.. if mother in law does not have plans, the first maid will have her maiden voyage today as well...
:wink:

TW28RJ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TW28RJ »

I would agree with the higher reduction gear and a trawler swinging a big prop.. however, limited to an 18" prop (and that's what I'm limited to) the math works out 18x13 with 2:1 reduction (thats for an efficent prop), you could go to an 18 x 17 with a 2:5 reduction, but that would be difficult in reverse and there's a possibility of lugging the engine..

As designed I'm limited to 18" with 10% cleareance.. that's why I was curious how you managed to get a 21" prop in there.. It may be an option I want to investigate..

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

20.47 inches = 520mm :D

george
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Last edited by icelikkilinc on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilker

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

You were perfect, the size was in the very middle of the range you estimated :D

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)