"La Flaca" FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: "La Flaca" FS18 Spashed!!

Post by Prarie Dog »

She looks really nice, great job Doubleup. :)

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Great report and pictures, thanks 8) I hope mine looks that good!

One question, where did you get those hatches that mount at the lip of the decks? I like them..

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

LeeFitz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LeeFitz »

doubleup wrote:I've been doing fish prints for while and decided to get one made into a decal for the back corners of the boat and then have "La Flaca" across the forward bulkhead under the hatch lip.

How do you do that? I would LOVE a "fishprint" of a Barramundi (see below) to put on the sides of my new BIG Barra boat?

Cheers

Lee

doubleup
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by doubleup »

Larry, I got those hatchs at www.greatlakesskipper.com They were originally hatchs for mako boats.

Lee to do these prints first I do it different than most people. When I've got a fish I like, I take them and make sure they are dead then try and get as much of the slime off as possible then I take a piece of cardboard and some wire and pins and pin out there fins where you want them, otherwise the fins will fold down and they'll look dead in the print. Next place them in a deep freezer and let them freeze. Pull em out let em defrost a little and take the pins out of the fins. Apply paint, i use fabric acrylics, with little rollers. I use thin sheets from fabric stores to do all my prints on, because when you put it on the painted fish you can see where the ink has saturated and not saturated. When you lay the fabric down on the fish be careful, then take a dry roller and roll the fabric all over the painted fish. Then pull away and bam!

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

Nice!! 8)

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

doubleup wrote:Larry, I got those hatchs at http://www.greatlakesskipper.com They were originally hatchs for mako boats.

Lee to do these prints first I do it different than most people. When I've got a fish I like, I take them and make sure they are dead then try and get as much of the slime off as possible then I take a piece of cardboard and some wire and pins and pin out there fins where you want them, otherwise the fins will fold down and they'll look dead in the print. Next place them in a deep freezer and let them freeze. Pull em out let em defrost a little and take the pins out of the fins. Apply paint, i use fabric acrylics, with little rollers. I use thin sheets from fabric stores to do all my prints on, because when you put it on the painted fish you can see where the ink has saturated and not saturated. When you lay the fabric down on the fish be careful, then take a dry roller and roll the fabric all over the painted fish. Then pull away and bam!

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/31 ... hatch.html
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thank yall both 8) That's where I usually buy hatches, but hadn't seen those before.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

doubleup wrote:I got those hatchs at http://www.greatlakesskipper.com They were originally hatchs for mako boats.
I also like that hatch. Will they support a BFG?? (big fat guy) :oops: Can't tell you how many hatches I've cracked/broken.
Don

Steven

Post by Steven »

Great looking boat. Cool hatches. Some 15" wide ones like that would sure have simplified my life. :)

Jerry-rigged
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Doubleup-

Very nice looking boat! You make me want to build one. :)

I like that small console. Are you planning a grab-bar on it for stand up driving?
Fishing from a paddle boat...