Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

Post by Hope2float »

Good to see all of you guys again. The boat is still just great. I did have to paint the bottom this year and repair some cosmetic gouges in the hull. I modified the bunks on the trailer because they were just a little long in the front and it caused some paint damage when putting in and out. For the most part I'm very satisfied with this boat. Dave BUILD-ON!

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Hope2float: Long overdue upgrade to builder status.

:oops:

Congratulations!

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Hello to all . I would like to report that we are still enjoying the P-21. It is in need of a little TLC but it is still a great boat. Fast, reliable and a joy for the whole family. To all the builders out there BUILD-ON! it will pay off. I will send some updated Photos soon
Dave
I do miss Cracker Larry with his knowledge and insight. Not to take away from any of the great builders here.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

Hope2float wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 pm Hello to all . I would like to report that we are still enjoying the P-21. It is in need of a little TLC but it is still a great boat. Fast, reliable and a joy for the whole family. To all the builders out there BUILD-ON! it will pay off. I will send some updated Photos soon
Dave
I do miss Cracker Larry with his knowledge and insight. Not to take away from any of the great builders here.
I hope the boat is still going great. beautiful work. I didn’t see it anywhere, but what size motor did you end up on it?

Cowbro
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cowbro »

jonnymac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 am
I hope the boat is still going great. beautiful work. I didn’t see it anywhere, but what size motor did you end up on it?
In the pictures you can just barely tell that it is a Yamaha F150. I believe another P21 has an F115 and another with a Johnson/Suzuki 140.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

Thanks! I was just trying to get an idea of what different p21 boats have been powered with and what they thought.
Cowbro wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:17 am
jonnymac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 am
In the pictures you can just barely tell that it is a Yamaha F150. I believe another P21 has an F115 and another with a Johnson/Suzuki 140.

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

I have not posted in years.. Got up early and decided to take a look. The first post I see was from a friend Lane and his P21. Wow what a coincidence. My p21 is great. 150 Yamaha four stroke for power. I sleep out on it during the summer all the time. 50 miles per hour is top speed. Good luck lane with the project. Build-on

Cowbro
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cowbro »

Hope2float wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:16 am I have not posted in years.. Got up early and decided to take a look. The first post I see was from a friend Lane and his P21. Wow what a coincidence. My p21 is great. 150 Yamaha four stroke for power. I sleep out on it during the summer all the time. 50 miles per hour is top speed. Good luck lane with the project. Build-on
That is great to hear that your boat is still out there getting used. After all of these years, is there anything you would change? Any advice for others considering the P21?

Phil

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Hope2float wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 pm I do miss Cracker Larry with his knowledge and insight. Not to take away from any of the great builders here.
You are not the only one to miss the man. No one could mix a great build thread and a story like him.

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by TomTom »

Hope2float wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:16 am I have not posted in years.. Got up early and decided to take a look. The first post I see was from a friend Lane and his P21. Wow what a coincidence. My p21 is great. 150 Yamaha four stroke for power. I sleep out on it during the summer all the time. 50 miles per hour is top speed. Good luck lane with the project. Build-on
Great to see you back on the forum. And your boat really is a beauty.

That’s a pretty impressive turn of speed you get there! You must have built her nice and light.

I would be really curious to know your other speeds at different rpms.

I have Yamaha 150 on my stretched C19 …. And I am nowhere close to that top speed! I think 42 mph is mine.