SPLASHED - FS 14 - First Timer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Garnett
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS 14 - First Timer

Post by Garnett »

Ah, I see - yes, an inbuilt cooler does hold an appeal. I think if we start building our aim is going to be keeping weight down as much as possible.

In terms of performance, I guess it's all to do with weight and trim. Steve292 built his FS17 with a lot of extras and it came out about 3 times the study plan base weight. I guess you could use that as an indication of how your boat may end up.

FryFly
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FryFly »

Hatches and sole. plumbing and under sole done. left our mark on the underside :-) The Jig broke so we had to take the boat out and rebuild it. Took some pics with stuff in place. 2 more full days and we will be ready to final sanding and priming.

JAT
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JAT »

finally light at the end of the tunnel! soon be time to get fishing :D :D
"If you build it they will come!!!"

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

That's a clean looking build very nice ImageThose clamps in the back of your garage (pic 8 ) looking huge, planning on building the Titanic? :P

JAT
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JAT »

:lol: just a lot closer to the camera than Glynn is!
"If you build it they will come!!!"

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Sure does look good to me. I would never have gotten that sole to fit so neatly. The little deck looks cool too. She'll be a joy on the water and you'll sure splash before me. 'Course everyone does :lol:

Someday Dougster

FryFly
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FryFly »

I'm afraid Tommo's right about the clamps. The increased beer consuption during the project is just causing perspective issues ;-) Although in this garage it does feel like we are building the Titanic.

Dougster the camera's a liar. The one thing I have grown to love about Epoxy is it is Gap filling and there were some serious gaps :-) All looks ok after a fair and tape wet on wet. Awesome fun this malarchy

FryFly
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FryFly »

I though I would add that we have opted for a short shaft 25hp 2 stroke that came available and ditched the 15hp. She is going to go like the wind. Or like a stone, im not sure :lol:

Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rob Eades »

This may have been discused before,but did you build in a mini storage facility? There is one close to me and it would fit a 25+ ft build and it is cheap.I've been wondering about this.

Rob

FryFly
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FryFly »

Hey Rob.

Space is a luxury here in the uk and renting workshop spaces is very pricy. This wasnt an option for us. We are building in a friends garage wich is just big enough to fit a small car in. :doh: I don't recommend repeating this if there is any other option.

Cheers,
Glynn