FS17 build in Maryland

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS17 build in Maryland

Post by wegcagle »

I've taken about a year off mine. Now I've got a whoppin' 3-4 days on her before another 6-7months goes by :help: Ain't life grand.

By the way, I apologize for not getting back in touch with you about meeting up a few months back. :oops: I got called into the hospital last minute to cover an overnight shift, because one of my partners had an emergency. I ended up working over 30 hours straight. When I got home I died for about 12 hours. After that I just completely blanked. I really am sorry; I should've at least had the common decency to call or email you.

Lookin' forward to seeing some more progress.

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

aquaboogie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by aquaboogie »

Thanks guys for the help. This weekend i will take the junk off the boat and clean out the garage. There is enough in there to keep me busy all weekend. After she's cleaned out i will make a list of things that need to be done before i flip her and take it one step at a time.

Wegcagle: it's ok i understand. hopefully i can get my but back in gear and give more progress updates with pics.

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Don't feel bad. Someone brought my thread to life and I realized it had been a year since I posted! My build has also taken much longer than I planned. I also went through some long periods of not working on it. With that said, however, when I did get back to it, it was quite fun. You might also get a new burst of excitment when you start on the inside. It's fun as you get to start to think about how you want to lay it out. It's also nice to have a new view...the bottom gets old after awhile! Good luck!!!

Baitcaster
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Baitcaster »

Hey Aquaboogie! Any progress on this build?
My karma ran over my dogma.

aquaboogie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by aquaboogie »

Finally! Back at it again. I know it's been a while and I know you probably know why (LIFE). I'll give you the real short story of what has happened between the last time I touched the boat and now :oops: .
-Married
-New job (longer commute)
-Home renovations
-Working on the golf swing
-First baby (9 months old)
-Fishing
-Been turning my own lures on my lathe / pouring my own jig heads
-Building rods (Dam you Mud-Hole)
-And my never ending honey do list

For 2015 my two main goals are
1) Improving my health and getting in better shape
2) Get back to boat building :D

aquaboogie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by aquaboogie »

Cleaned out the shed and garage. Cleaned off the boat and dusted her off. Been a while since I've seen her :lol:

I puled all my plans out and can't find my plans for the console. I have been thinking about buying a CNC console kit. Either the (C19) or the ( OB15). Which console do you guys think would work best with the FS17?

Last edited by aquaboogie on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

smaller would be better, you don't want to walk around a wide console :)

aquaboogie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by aquaboogie »

shine wrote:smaller would be better, you don't want to walk around a wide console :)
Thanks. what size was your console? I still have not been able to find my console plans. Who should i contact to get another copy?

aquaboogie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by aquaboogie »

I have been working on the final layer of rub rail and will install it this weekend. I have also built two strakes that are 7 1/2 ft long. I plan on installing them 18in from the transom and 15in off center. I would like to install splash rails since I plan on using the boat around the Chesapeake bay and glass calm days are few and far in between. I am not sure how to approach building splash rails. Has anyone built them for there boat?

Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Steven »

On both my GV11 and OB19 I used 3/4" quarter round from home depot. I install it along the chine and it effectively acts like a reverse chine. It knocks the spray down and both boats are very dry. I installed it when the boat was still upside down on the cradle. Just started at stern and screwed it on as needed to the bow. Then took of and reinstalled with epoxy. Filled the holes after removing the screws.