Pro Wader FS18, SPLASHED

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pro Wader FS18

Post by Pro Wader »

Uncle D wrote:Where are you located? (if you don't mind) There are several of us Texans on the forum.

Don
I'm in Angleton. 35 miles South of Houston.

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

Uncle D wrote:Where are you located? (if you don't mind) There are several of us Texans on the forum.

Don

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

Don

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

Great boat for your area...or any area for that matter. :wink: Don't get up that way much any more. Farthest north I have fished in that region is east matagorda bay.

Don

JohnC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JohnC »

Hey Charlie,
Welcome aboard! You'll find this forum to be very helpful and informative. Uncle D, I see he is about 50 miles NE of Port O'Conner :D
John

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

Uncle D wrote:Great boat for your area...or any area for that matter. :wink: Don't get up that way much any more. Farthest north I have fished in that region is east matagorda bay.

Don
Don,
I fish mostly EMatty to Panther Reef and all points in between. We will have to meet up some day.
My avatar pic is a 9.25lb. trout I caught in EMatty.

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

Pro Wader wrote:My avatar pic is a 9.25lb. trout I caught in EMatty.

Did that win you a boat, motor and trailer?? 8O
JohnC wrote:I see he is about 50 miles NE of Port O'Conner :D
I was thinking that too. :D POC will be a blast with new faces too. I just hope I don't have to help build another dock so I can fish and visit more. :wink:

Charlie, you do know about the POC builders meet don't you? Should have another meet this coming year.

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

Uncle D wrote:
Pro Wader wrote:My avatar pic is a 9.25lb. trout I caught in EMatty.

Did that win you a boat, motor and trailer?? 8O
No I didn't win a boat with her, I caught her last winter before the freeze.
JohnC wrote:I see he is about 50 miles NE of Port O'Conner :D
I was thinking that too. :D POC will be a blast with new faces too. I just hope I don't have to help build another dock so I can fish and visit more. :wink:

Charlie, you do know about the POC builders meet don't you? Should have another meet this coming year.
I have heard of the builders meet and hope to get "BETSY" wet by then. Now that reality has set in, I think it will take mor time to get her finished than I anticipated. But I am still shooting for April or May.

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

I'm cutting ply today and taking a break so I thought I would put up a quick post.

The guy at Home Depot talked me into getting the Dremmel ROTO-Zip saw. Although the cutting is slow, it's nice not having to set up the square for every skill saw cut and just moving from one cut to the next. The motor and bit can get pretty hot but that's about the time I need to stop and take a break.

Like I said, the cutting is slow but it is simple enough for my daughter to use and I feel it's safe enough to let her cut.

So far I've been at it for 2 hours and and I have the back deck, A form, E from and what ever other is nested on that piece of ply wood.

I'll post some pics later. My beer is empty so I have to get back to work.

Pro Wader
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pro Wader »

I'm done for the day. A sharp ROTO-ZIP bit makes quick work of the Okume but it dulls out pretty quick and that's when the WORK begins. I found out they have a carbide bit. I'll try one tomorrow.