johnnemo GF16

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
johnnemo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: johnnemo GF16

Post by johnnemo »

I relocated my build outside for the messy stages.

Per Joel's (shine) recommendation, I am using scrap pieces of ply to make my cleats. I used the table saw to cut 1.5" stips (I guess that's wide enough?) which will be double stacked. I will not have enough to make the rub rails, spray rails, or runners (even thought I know this is the best way) so I have picked up some Pine at the big box store that looks nice and clean.

I have installed both transoms using the bottom of a medicine bottle to create the fillet, which seemed to work good. I am surprised how flexible (adjustable) the hull is, even thought the joints have cured.

I hope to have the cleats and seats installed by the end of the week. Here are some pictures of the progress.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Nice start, looks great. 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

johnnemo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by johnnemo »

Holy Cow! 8O Its been over a year since my last post! :oops: Time to get this thing moving forward again. I ordered my hatches a few days ago but that haven't arrived yet. Can't wait to see what "Dophin Gray" looks like. The online store didn't have the two sizes I needed in any other matching color. I'm guessing the inside of my boat will be gray. :wink:

My boat has been moved again. Turns out the shed I was working under wasn't as protected as I thought. I see evidence of water on that beautiful ply :( I was able to secure a corner in the back of a body shop to get her out of the weather, but now she is covered in a nice layer of dust. Started cleaning up this afternoon. Next step is to remove the frames and glass the inside.