CS 25 Stuart FL

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CS 25 Stuart FL

Post by AtTheBrink »

That is a beautiful color on a beautiful boat. What was your empression of the EMC paint? Application, gloss, cost? Just curious.
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

Very nice.
Gary
GF-16 Completed

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

AtTheBrink wrote:That is a beautiful color on a beautiful boat. What was your empression of the EMC paint? Application, gloss, cost? Just curious.
First let me say the support for this product from Joel and EMC is over the top. I had an issue with some of the bubbles not compleatly popping on the first coat. Next thing I know there is a chemist from EMC at my boat. They just happened to be in town. Turns out yellow is one of the hardest colors to apply. He tried to explain why :doh: . He offered to switch on the spot to any other color I wanted. No it's a yellow boat. So he switched the activater to the spray activater and not use any thinner. Went on like glass. The gloss is as good as any I've seen. As far as cost I can buy Alexseal wholesale and Joel's price is competitive with that. The added value to this product is the support from Joel and his supplier!
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Yellow, indeed. :D
That boat has sexy lines - the shot from the bow....very nice job, smooth lines. Have you ordered the motor bracket yet, and the motor? Coming close now 8)
Antonie
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by crackedconch »

Looks good Bob!! I'll have to come and see it next time I'm on that coast.

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Walkers Run wrote:
AtTheBrink wrote:That is a beautiful color on a beautiful boat. What was your empression of the EMC paint? Application, gloss, cost? Just curious.
First let me say the support for this product from Joel and EMC is over the top. I had an issue with some of the bubbles not compleatly popping on the first coat. Next thing I know there is a chemist from EMC at my boat. They just happened to be in town. Turns out yellow is one of the hardest colors to apply. He tried to explain why :doh: . He offered to switch on the spot to any other color I wanted. No it's a yellow boat. So he switched the activater to the spray activater and not use any thinner. Went on like glass. The gloss is as good as any I've seen. As far as cost I can buy Alexseal wholesale and Joel's price is competitive with that. The added value to this product is the support from Joel and his supplier!
That is great! I don't think I have ever even heard of support like that! So with EMC there is no tipping? Just roll and go? You said you were going to put on a coat of clear as well?
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

antoniekruger wrote:Yellow, indeed. :D
That boat has sexy lines - the shot from the bow....very nice job, smooth lines. Have you ordered the motor bracket yet, and the motor? Coming close now 8)
Antonie
Have not ordered the bracket yet. Armstrong is just down the road. turn aroun time is not a problem, I'll wait until I have the motor.
Another bow shot
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Sweet right there 8)
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

the boat looks even better in person, its going to be a serious offshore machine

The EMC guys could not believe that Bob had built it himself 8O :)

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

What a beautiful boat Bob 8) Great job.

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one