CS 25 Stuart FL

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
crackedconch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CS 25 Stuart FL

Post by crackedconch »

Man, that looks great!!!!

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

topwater wrote:The paint looks real nice :!: Did you spray it or roll it ?
Sprayed it.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Well done, mate - she is a beauty. I like your layout. The seats instead of a casting deck gives you both - space to sit and cast. Did you use 19mm ply for the leaning post? Looks very nice. I agree with Justin, that wood trim on the deck hits the spot. Very sweet. Gives it an authentic hand crafted finish - I like it. What wood did you use for that.
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Walker, another question please - how did you get the rubrail so 'vertical' around the flare - frames 0, A and B. Did you mould or shape it with epoxy putty? Looks great. Only noticed that now.
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

Thanks Anton.
The leaning post is 12mm ply glassed on both sides. for the toe rail I used Sapele, looks just like mahagany. The rub rail I molded with epoxy and wood flower before I fliped the hull. It's one of those things that added a lot of work, but that's the look I was going after.

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

HI Walker, sorry to be a pest, but I'm about to fit the guts of my CS23. Stringers in and the frames almost ready for mounting. I have a few questions, if you don't mind. :help:
1. I remember you mentioning lifting your sole by 1 inch. How did you do this. Did you add a piece of timber on top of the cleats?
2. Your tank filler caps - did you do one left and one right?
3. Did you put the 38mm fuel pipe in a 50mm chase tube?
4. How did you bend the 75mm chase tube for the motor controls, or do you get the long bend 90's.
5. Did you use the first frame of the casting deck as the start of your benches?
6. Does you anchor hatch drain into the hull or into the front bench and then onto the sole.
7. Are you fitting commercial hatches on the sole or how do intend to manage the water or wash-over.
8. Where are you fitting your battery, gas filter/water separator and tank selector.

Thanks for your help.
Antonie
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

No problem Anton
#1 yes
#2 yes
#3 I put in a false frame and basically created a plywood chase. I put a PVC chance inside it for speaker and light wires.
#4 I used the long bend 90 my outboard will be fly by wire so no control cables
#5 basically yes
#6 anchor hatch drains into the anchor locker. Locker drains overboard.
#7 hatches are home made ( still finishing them up) I abandoned my gutter system. I'm using a neoprene seal to hopefully keep the water out.
#8 batteries are in the center console. Fuel filter and tank selecter are in the transom area on the port side.
Hope this helps

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

Fuel filter and tank valve go here

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

antoniekruger wrote: 4. How did you bend the 75mm chase tube for the motor controls, or do you get the long bend 90's.
Thanks for your help.
Antonie
Antonie sorry for the late response I'm not on the forum as much as before, but maybe this helps? this worked out great and was smooth on the inside as Tom W suspected.
http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php ... 90#p177145
Walkers Run wrote: #7 hatches are home made ( still finishing them up) I abandoned my gutter system. I'm using a neoprene seal to hopefully keep the water out.
It won't, I have a small gutter system in my benches, problem is at my docking place a wind vortex constantly drops a lot of dust and dirt in my boat, clogging the drains which I'm gonna rebuild next time she's out of the water.
Tried all seals I could put my hands on including neoprene, it just doesn't work benches keeps on collecting water, I have to make a note on this, over here when it rains it really rains

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Hi Walker & Peter, thanks for the replies. I've abandoned bending the 75mm. I saw your method Peter. I was about to do it when I stumbled upon a 75mm drainex pipe we use as leak detection piping in the waste water dams. It is ribbed on the outside and smooth on the inside with a thin wall thickness where it is not ribbed. It has a natural 400-600mm bend radius. We usually use 110mm, but it is made in 75mm as well. It is quite light and should do the job just fine. I need to tie it down in place whilst foaming it in. Bit of a blessing to be honest. Bending the 75mm PVC was an obstacle for me.
I'll be doing one hatch under the console - no drainage needed for that one...I hope, and commercial hatches with seals on the seats and fish hatch. Still mulling. Sorry for the hijack, Walker.
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there