CS 25 Stuart FL

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CS 25 Stuart FL

Post by Walkers Run »

I built the cradle upside down on the hull. It seams to support the not yet finished hull pretty well. My thoughts are to get the boat level usung the base line ( making the base line level) any suggestions on the best way to make sure all is square and true.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease »

I love this boat. I don't know what you are trying to square or make true but I always start by establishing a center point - line longitude and latitude and then measure equidistant outwards and build jigs to hold that. Sometimes it requires making a framework of strings ... anyway that is how we used plumb walls and level floors in old new york brown stones :)

Sometimes you just split the differences if you can't get it perfect

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

I built the cradle upside down on the hull. It seams to support the not yet finished hull pretty well. My thoughts are to get the boat level usung the base line ( making the base line level) any suggestions on the best way to make sure all is square and true.
I would probably pull the sides back together with straps so that they come back to shape, could even cut out the top (sheer) part of the temp molds and use them for temporary braces while you glass in stringers, frames.

the boat looks really nice, I would love to have a look in person some time :)

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

I have gotten the inside seams all taped. What a difference working inside the boat, everything takes longer.
custom work bench
Wide cloth on the transom
I had the idea of tilting the whole boat up in its cradel to do the entire inside wide cloth wet on wet. Like this
We took the time to get the cradel to tilt up with everything nice and secure. But scraped the idea because of how flimsy the top sides are. I would have to build something to cradel the top sides.

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

All the fiberglass on the inside. My technique has improve I'm almost at one to one ratio epoxy to glass by weight.
Stringers in place with tempory frames. Really excited about this next phase.

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Great looking work! The stringers and frames fit the hull nicely 8)

Edit...I read your question you posted in the other thread. I can't see the bust very well in the above pic.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent »

Fellows, This boat looks great. What would a fellow do without Forklifts and rolls of carpet Pad? I told my wife the other day. I need another ForkLift. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Southern Gent wrote: I told my wife the other day. I need another ForkLift. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head.
Good luck with that. :D I got lucky the other day, mine approved the purchase of a table saw. WHOOOOOO HOOOOO

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

Southern Gent wrote:Fellows, This boat looks great. What would a fellow do without Forklifts and rolls of carpet Pad? I told my wife the other day. I need another ForkLift. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head.
Don't know what I'd do with out forklifts . I just sold one I'm down to only two.

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

Southern Gent wrote:I told my wife the other day. I need another ForkLift
Walkers Run wrote:Don't know what I'd do with out forklifts
At my furniture & flooring store here in Wisconsin, we still don't even have our FIRST fork lift. :doh: We still do it all by hand!