APJaK CX19 Coastal eXplorer in Kelowna, BC

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: APJaK CX19 Coastal eXplorer in Kelowna, BC

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Heights are quite similar to my C17, both for cockpit depth and the cabin. The C17 cabin has more camber in it; 1160mm to the top at the sides, and 1300mm near the middle. A windshield like yours would look nice on top, especially if I made it a little lower to be proportional to the C17's smaller size. I'm still dithering over it, but the standard layout is not my preferred one.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

OneWayTraffic remember once you have the sole down you can play to your hearts desire. Especially with the shape of the cabin. Jacques designed it to have sitting room under it. So if you want to change it a little feel free, you may not be as tall as us yanks. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by APLJaK »

Wintertime

Everything is slowing down now, but I have managed to get a few more small items taken care, including the bow rails and the rear seats
Bow rails installed
Bow rails installed
Also a quick action shot on the water. Nice sunny but cold day. Last trip of the year, now wrapped up for winter.
rear view
rear view
Attachments
Bow rails being built
Bow rails being built

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

That is one fine looking boat. Might have been a tad chilly on that last ride.

APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by APLJaK »

Thanks Fuzz. Yes it was a bit chilly. But nice and sunny!

Time to do some indoor work for a while. Come spring I still have some further details to finish up but at least we can use it now. Looking forward to really trying it out next summer.