Birmingham RB14

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Birmingham RB14

Post by tech_support »

peter-curacao wrote: I think reason you don't see much RB's build threads is because her plans aren't released for to long of a time now, so it's a fairly new design at Bateau.com
thats right. Once there are a few documented builds, we see the plans/kits order really pick up.

Makes me want to build one, for that reason. :)

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

I'd love to build the RB16 as a cruiser to take to the lake.
94Virago wrote:I guess for me this boat will be art for art's sake.
Agree!

94Virago
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 94Virago »

shine wrote:thats right. Once there are a few documented builds, we see the plans/kits order really pick up.
If I haven't already said or implied it. Bateau is welcome to use any and all of my photos for the RB14 page. That said, I'll endeavor to take nicer pictures.
--Wolfe
"When in doubt, give it more throttle."

nitwit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by nitwit »

Please post more pics as you go!!! I am eager to see your progress, as I will be starting a RB 16 in March. (I'm just getting to the rigging on my PK 78, and will post my own pics as son as I'm done).

Jason

94Virago
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 94Virago »

nitwit wrote:Please post more pics as you go!!! I am eager to see your progress, as I will be starting a RB 16 in March. (I'm just getting to the rigging on my PK 78, and will post my own pics as son as I'm done).

Jason
Sorry I haven't made any real progress lately. I've been on a long string of 12-hour shifts at work and haven't had time to do much in the way of personal projects. [-X
--Wolfe

PrometheusNL
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PrometheusNL »

94Virago wrote:I'm a little surprised that there aren't more people building this style of boat. I can understand wanting to build a fishing boat. My next build will be a fishing boat.

I guess for me this boat will be art for art's sake.

I want to build one but i'm told i can't adapt it to my wishes because the boat is just to small or my wishes to big :)

Thinking about a modified RB16.. Maybe impossible to scale up the RB16 a bit more to get what i want out of it.

I'm thinking of This layout:

Between 2 back seats 200 cm / 6 feet 7 inches so i can lay the seat flat and have a sunn deck.

94Virago
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 94Virago »

1/4" plywood ordered! Niece is coming over Thursday to help me square up my garage for some serious build-time. Maybe now I can get the stations and stringers out of my living room
--Wolfe

PrometheusNL
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PrometheusNL »

Whenever my build materials migrate into the house i'm not able to keep them there. SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will not tollerate this :)

When the plywood comes and you start cutting it starts getting real real fast :)

94Virago
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 94Virago »

PrometheusNL wrote:Whenever my build materials migrate into the house i'm not able to keep them there. SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) will not tollerate this :)
I thank my lucky stars, my friend.
--Wolfe

94Virago
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 94Virago »

Thanks to a hefty tax rebate, I decide to go ahead and buy my trailer. On my father's recommendation I call Eddie English in Milton, FL and let him know that I'd be down in a month. Long story short: I drove all the way down here for nothing. He is apparently having problems with his frame supplier.

I'm going to get some sushi then drive up Gulf Shores Parkway and see if any dealers have one on the lot.
--Wolfe