OB 19 in Maryland

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OB 19 in Maryland

Post by jacquesmm »

I replied 30 minutes ago.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Batedunie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Batedunie »

Made some more progress this weekend!
My parents came up to visit on Saturday and my dad and I got a lot done on the boat.

The majority of the day was spent getting the bow deck/seat completely finished!

We started by painting some pigmented epoxy in the anchorwell and the bow deck compartment as you can see in these picutures.

We mixed up some glue and and put it on all the cleats supporting the bow deck and then put the bow deck on the cleats. Then we fiber glassed the whole deck and taped it to the sides of the hulls and the forward frame.
There are obviously more steps than I have pictures, but we were on a roll and didn't take many during the process. You can also see that I have 2 cutouts for hatches. I bought a hatch for the horizontal surface. I will have to find a pic with that mocked up. I am attempting to build a hatch for the vertical frame in the achorwell. I still need to order hardware for that and build the frame so I can mock it up.

Last week I had begun to dry fit some cleats for the side decks. Since we finished up the bow deck we could move on to the side decks. We made templates out of cardboard and used that to cut out the tops of the side decks, and put those in place.
Port side with top and bottom cleats installed
Starboard side with just the top cleats installed
From the Bow
From the Stern

You can see in these pictures I also cut down the center console I got off craigslist. I think it was for an old (70's) 21 ft mako and was 48 inches wide...way too wide for this boat so I cut a section out of the right side down to about 28 inches wide and tack glued it back together. Seems to fit pretty well, and my tank fits underneath which was my goal from the beginning. I will be filling all the holes you see and refinishing it. It should save me some time and money compared to building one from scratch. I may be making it about 6 inches taller, as it is a bit short, as well as giving me the option of putting the fuel tank under the front seat. But, I'm not sure if the extra work is worth it.

I am getting a lot finished lately and am still on track to reach my goal of finishing major construction by April 1st.
Last edited by Batedunie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

osotexan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by osotexan »

You are making some great progress! Looking good.

Build on!!!

Batedunie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Batedunie »

Thanks oso, I just went through your build...that D15 is really coming along...I love the color! I think we should race to hit the water...You should win but it might motivate me!