OD18 by CHarris

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
CHarris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CHarris »

David

You should repost this in the Power Boats section so that Jacques will see it and be able to help out. The Bateau technical support staff doesn't read the builders pages. I don't think I'm qualified to give you advice on this problem.

Chris

deedee
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by deedee »

i geuss that this is off the topic but i can't seem to find the answer elsewhere . on the od18 transom mold does it sit on top of the 1/2 in. ply sole and up against the end of the stringers or does it sit flush with the bottom of the 1/2 inch ply of the sole and up against the end of the stringers? next when i measure the location of the molds do i measure from center to center and from which point do i start ? the center of the transom mold i geuss? any input would be greatly appreciated . man is this a humbling experience ! thanks
david e.
va. beach, virginia
od18

deedee
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by deedee »

did it again i will post it in the technical support forum i geuss
david e.
va. beach, virginia
od18

CHarris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CHarris »

Here is how she looks now. I finally got her painted and will try to flip her over this coming weekend.

Faired and ready for paint:

Painted:

I feel like I've reached a major milestone in the building process.

Chris
OD18

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

Nice

Post by Troutlet »

Nice Job Chris! Definately a Major Milestone!

ddbiiz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ddbiiz »

Chris,
Looking good, it's a great feeling knowing you can finally flip it over and start on the inside isn't it!!! :D What kind of paint did you use? Won't be long you'll be fishing and telling everyone how easy it was to build.

OD18
Don

CHarris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CHarris »

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is a great feeling knowing that I'm about half way to seeing it to completion.

As far as paint goes, I went the cheap route. I used 100% acrylic latex primer and 100% acylic latex gloss for the topcoat. 3 coats of each. I decided to go this route after reading an interesting article by Dave Carnell. Here is a link.

http://home.att.net/~DaveCarnell/articles.html#A1

Chris
OD18

ddbiiz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ddbiiz »

Chris,
Thanks for the info 8)

OD18
Don

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

good article

Post by Troutlet »

That's a very good article. As I understand it, Jacques was a Chemical Engineer in a former life maybe if he reads this he can also give us some insight.
Paint from Lowe's or Home Depot would leave room in the wallet for lots of other stuff.

deedee
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by deedee »

wow :!: nice looking boat . how many hours do you think you put into just the fairing off the bottom ? man i can't wait i am almost there. when i get there i will not want to be there i know . great looking and nice boat :!:
david e.
va. beach, virginia
od18