BarraMan's Mangusta 21 barraboat in Townsville, AUS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: BarraMan's Mangusta 21 barraboat in Townsville, AUS

Post by Browndog »

Looks great. A nice finishing touch to your boat. It complements the Sea-Dek nicely.

I have used Kiwi Grip on four projects and have found the preparation to be the crucial step. The application is relatively easy and it really dresses up the boat when finished.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Lee the Kiwi Grip is nice finishing touch for your boat. Looks great :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Agreed, that looks great! Careful work with great results.
Hank

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

I think I read somewhere on here all your photo links died when your hosting company died. Do you have a current photo to throw up here? I’m interested in how your boat came out.
BarraMan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:34 am Kiwigrip done and dusted!

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

jonnymac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:14 pm I think I read somewhere on here all your photo links died when your hosting company died. Do you have a current photo to throw up here? I’m interested in how your boat came out.
Yes, most unfortunate! I do have all the pics and will put them back in my build thread when I have some time.

I'll post some pics of the boat here shortly. Unfortunately I don't have any video of the boat up and going taken from another boat but I now have a drone and the next time I am on the water I will get some drone footage of the boat on the go. My drone is good for about 25 kts so it should be able to keep up!

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

BarraMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 am
jonnymac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:14 pm I think I read somewhere on here all your photo links died when your hosting company died. Do you have a current photo to throw up here? I’m interested in how your boat came out.
Yes, most unfortunate! I do have all the pics and will put them back in my build thread when I have some time.

I'll post some pics of the boat here shortly. Unfortunately I don't have any video of the boat up and going taken from another boat but I now have a drone and the next time I am on the water I will get some drone footage of the boat on the go. My drone is good for about 25 kts so it should be able to keep up!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Looking great BarraMan.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

BarraMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38 am
BarraMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 am

Here's a video of the boat running up the Hinchinbrook Channel at 50 mph!
https://youtu.be/iE-SHNpyNKA

and here it is at about 25 mph in less than ideal conditions!
https://youtu.be/Odz0j1mpgdQ

The decks now have SeaDek installed!

and the soul has been Kiwigrip'd!
Last edited by BarraMan on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Dang Lee, that thing will flat haul the mail!

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:20 am Dang Lee, that thing will flat haul the mail!
She's a meticulously built, rock solid, fast-as beast. I'd be surprised if any boat covered in this forum could match her in a speed enduro. And she's built primarily for barra fishing :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).