PH16 by Chalk

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

I remember how quickly the basic hull panels went together on my Caravelle... except for the delay while training the bottom panels to take the curve to the bow transom. Still, that part of the construction was very fast. Putting in the frames also went quickly.

Then came the mods for actually finishing up before the paint. Fortunately, Noah loaned me some space on the ark, so I would not loose that stage of the boat in the flood. He tactfully left me out of the record though. (It was awkward having to put respirators on all those hiberating animals.) :oops:

And now, here in 2004 AD I'm glad to say that I think the seats will be completed and painted, hopefully the entire interior. The little bilge keels and outside of the hull, I hope to be done in september, if I can paint before the cold creeps into New England. The cold gets hard on the joints when you're several thousand years old you know.... :roll:

ks

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Sorry to hear your selling the boat. If I wasn’t working on one myself, I would certainly take it off your hands. At $1,000, someone will get a steal of a deal.