JJ"S OB19 in SA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Batedunie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: JJ"S OB19 in SA

Post by Batedunie »

Looking good JJ....Keep up the good work....

Mike

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Hi JJ,
I know Cape Town well. I was at the Stellenbosch uni and lived in Muizenburg and Mowbray(at the YMCA) whilst finishing the prac for my qualification at trig survey, Mowbray. Now stuck in Joburg.....Seems a lifetime ago(15+ years ago) I have family living in Bettys bay and Somerset - I see them every once in a while. If its possible, I'd like to drop by and see your build.
Cheers, Anotnie
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

JayJayMuller
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JayJayMuller »

Hi Antonie,

Sure thing, you are more than welcome, let me know when you are in Cape Town, I'll put some beer in the fridge.

Kevin.G
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kevin.G »

Hi JJ

Used to live on main road in Lakeside(MISS THE CAPE :cry: ) Beautiful world, good luck with the move.
Antonie I live in JHB, we should get together I will be starting with my OC 17 as soon as my house renovations are done.

Cheers
Kevin

JayJayMuller
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JayJayMuller »

Hi All,

Just a quick update, I'm still settling in after the house move and my plans are still packed away in a box somewhere :( .

I have glued the stringers and the Transom, used plastic bags filled with sea sand as weight (didn't know that I'm not allowed to remove sand from beaches and almost walked away with a hefty fine :oops: ) Promises the ranger a ride in the boat. :D .
Now i'm waiting for finances to order more supplies, and reading other posts for tips and ideas.

@ Kevin, How's it going with the House renovations? I know that a project like that can take a lot of time. I moved to Marina da Gama, coming from Lakeside you should know where it is. Pop in for a beer when you are visiting the Cape. Have you started your build yet?

JJ.

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Kevin.G wrote:Hi JJ

Used to live on main road in Lakeside(MISS THE CAPE :cry: ) Beautiful world, good luck with the move.
Antonie I live in JHB, we should get together I will be starting with my OC 17 as soon as my house renovations are done.

Cheers
Kevin
Hi Kevin. Good to 'meet' you. Personally, I dont think home renovations EVER finishes 8O . We bought a spot in Benoni around 5 years ago. Worked on it for 2 years just to keep the roof up....and then the rest. Between the wife's random room color requirements and my son's crikcet net and trampoline and and and I finally decided to start handing over the maintenance responsability to the wife and build a boat. It never seem to end. I'm still on the coach at night :lol: , but the build is on. Slow, but on. :D Sure, a get together would be good. I'm in Benoni area. JJ, we'll keep a cold one for you as well, if you can make it. :D

Cheers
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

AMC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by AMC »

94Virago wrote:I'm curious to see how you intend to integrate the Teletubby. :doh:
Might I suggest as part of the under deck flotation?

Kevin.G
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kevin.G »

Hi JJ
sorry been soo long but been hectic here by me :roll: Have not started my build yet and its very frustrating :( but will get there!! Had to ask the yard to store my ply as I don't have undercover space at the moment. Marina is also a nice area, hope you guys are happy there. Your build is coming on, keep it up and us Gautengers will be down for that beer at the launch.
Cheers
Kev

JayJayMuller
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JayJayMuller »

AMC wrote:
94Virago wrote:I'm curious to see how you intend to integrate the Teletubby. :doh:
Might I suggest as part of the under deck flotation?
Can I rather use Barnie...... but the real one.

WobblyLegs
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WobblyLegs »

Hey JJ, good to meet you today and share a beer over a boat - next time stop for longer and we'll light a fire and cook some meat.

Let's keep in touch, and get that boat of your's on the water!

Regards,

Tim.

PS, my man won the bike race today!! ;)