GV17 Construction Started!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Lucky_Louis
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Lucky_Louis »

Nice to see you back at it! Good report on the S3 paint and primer.

I was going through your picture gallery. It's funny and kinda creepy that we both have the exactly the same engine (even the same year) and the same trailer. You'll love the performance and economy of that engine. Based on my experiences, you'll want somewhere between a 19p and 21p prop depending on how heavy she ends up.

More pictures!
Image OB17 Splashed June 2007

NorCalBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NorCalBob »

Some new picks up:
http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.p ... =39&page=4

Since I took these I installed the casting deck (except over the fuel compartment), figured out and installed gunwale framing for the casting deck, installed the consoles, glued on the rubrails, and started installing the coaming and cleats for the gunwales. More pictures to follow.

I've decided to cover the inside of the side frames (that support the gunwale deck), and fill the areas aft of the consoles with foam, while leaving the space forward of the consoles open to serve as a chase from the consoles to the bow for wiring, fuel compartment vents, etc. Hopefully that will be more clear with the next round of pictures :P

Louis- Glad you're having good luck with the engine. Although I ordered mine from Florida, it was actually shipped from Canada. Its a factory-reconditioned engine that was used at a Canadian fish camp for a year. I haven't looked into props seriously yet. I think with all the extra framing for the casting deck, the boat's going to be on the heavy side.
Building: GV17 Built: D15