A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by Shamrock Kid »

I know we don't know each other at all except for a couple post back and forth. But man I am sorry to hear this news CL. I wish Mrs. Cracker well, and your family. I'm not going to say hang in there or stay positive as I know you already will. My best regards to you and the Mrs's.
John

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Dammit brother I hate to hear this. :( I'll be praying and hoping for the best, if you need an ear you have my number.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

cali123
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cali123 »

Cancer is a really scary word but the modern treatments are improving. I'm sure she will join the really long list of cancer survivors.Hang in there and stay pro-active in the treatment.

wildbill
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wildbill »

I can't imagine the thought of it Larry. But I can attest I have some close friends who are survivors and more people are surviving this than not as Cali replied. I wish you and the mrs the best and only wish I knew what to say to ease your pain.

Stay Strong and Have Faith.

Bill

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks to you all. Sure do appreciate it. Thank you. I usually say that this too will pass, but this thing aint going to just pass, or not pass easy, or maybe not at all. My friends sure do help. Appreciate you all.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

flattitude 1976
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flattitude 1976 »

Sorry to hear of the news. I pray that they get it all on the first shot and she makes it through. I have had many in my family get diagnosed and treatments are getting better. Stand by her side and support her through. The struggle to survive is a hard one but remind her that she has plenty of years left and she has to fight. Keep her spirits up as best as you can and remind her she has to fight. The treatments will sap her will to live it is your job to remind her she has a reason to go on. Spend as much time with her as you can. As always God will guide her through the next few weeks/months/years according to his plan. Keep your chin up and know we are here for you. May God bless her and keep her safe.

Mark

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:Thanks to you all. Sure do appreciate it. Thank you. I usually say that this too will pass, but this thing aint going to just pass, or not pass easy, or maybe not at all. My friends sure do help. Appreciate you all.
Larry sorry I'm late to support Dori and you, Keep hope ant faith mi amigo, just talked this over with Gloria she also says , although it is a slab in the face, nowadays it is more then possible a complete recovery will be achieved.
Maybe this help to raise hope and expectations, Lurdes (how ironic) Gloria's sister is also diagnosed and in treatment for breast cancer, for month's now she had to travel almost 2 hours, 2 times a month by bus to the capital, take a cab over there to the hospital take the chemo and travel back to Romana the same way. Not much longer and she has to go in radio therapy (not sure what that is) then she has to make this trip every day.
Now you probably ask yourself how can all this this give me hope and expectations? I understand that, but Lurdes is doing very well, the cancer was that severe she is probably gonna loose a breast, but she's on her way to getting healthy again, and because of the circumstances of Lurdes, I have great hope for Dori, hope you understand what I'm saying, give Dori a big hug from us, we will be thinking of her every day, don't worry about that build from time to time, she (Dori) needs you.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I just read this hard news Larry, and can't find words to say how sorry I am. I'll tell Shirley in a few minutes. She knows tales of you and Dori as I have shown her some of your thread pictures. For me I don't know what would be worse, me getting such news or Shirley. I'll be thinking of you often.

Doug

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Larry, Sandi and I are very sad to hear about Dori. We will keep her in our prayers. If you need anything, let me know I will be there.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

robbiro
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by robbiro »

Larry, thoughts and prayers from Central Mississippi for you and Dori. Have been away from the house all day and have jjust seen this. Keep us informed.
Robbie
32.20.0983N
89.48.0787W
GF-16 FIRST LIGHT finished; D-5 Crusader '08 finished, PY 12 plans in hand