A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by cottontop »

Merry Christmas Larry and Mrs. Been cold here in FL. too; just not as cold as you. Happy New Year too all of you. Hope it is happy, healthy, and prosperous. John

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

Uncle Cracker. You realize when you make a comment about how cold it is you have boat building brethren in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Canada ?

Just ribbing you, wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

PS: it looks like a "green" Christmas for us here in Southern Ontario - just cold rain LOL
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Mark, Merry Christmas to you too. I bitch if it's colder than 60F. My comfort zone is 70-100. Beautiful today and 75, just right :D

Chewed another toe off of the elephant, got the trolling motor batteries installed, secured and wired, battery hold down bracket made with Star Board and installed, trolling motor circuit breaker installed and wired, on-board dual bank 24V charger for trolling motor installed and wired, made mounts for that from Star Board too. Got the charger plugged in now and batteries are charging. Green lights, Houston, we have power :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Hi Larry,

It has been a couple of years since I have been active on the board here, but no surprise to find you almost done with another boat. This one looks great, as usual.

I spent most of the weekend, off and on between tearing down Christmas decorations and preparing for a week long hunting trip, reading 203 pages of this thread. First I want to say my belated prayers are with you for your mother's first illness, Dori's battle with the big C and your mother's latest illness. I hope that all in the Cracker family are on the mend and going to enjoy another wonderful New Year's passing.

One great thing about coming in this late is that I got to miss all of the waiting.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Tim

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks Tim. Good to see you back on here and I appreciate the thoughts. All is well at the Cracker house now :D
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Making good progress, but it might be a while before I tackle another elephant of this size after I finish eating this one :lol: Never seen so many wires in a boat under 30' :help:

And a lot more that I haven't taken pictures of yet. I'll try to catch up on those tomorrow. All wiring and stuff under the bow deck is finished. Bow pedestal seat mount is installed. Both house and starting batteries are mounted and wired under the console seat, battery isolator and selector switch both wired and mounted, that took some figuring, 2 bank charger for house and starter batteries installed and wired. Plugged in and charging, lights green. I spend about as much time reading installation and wiring manuals as I do installing things. Hope I read them all right :lol:

We now have power to the console. Nothing smoked when I turned on the switches and flipped the breaker. That's a good sign :D

A little wiring left to do, lights and speakers, but it's easy from here, all the major stuff is complete. :D

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Sweet! When you finish that one you can come over and work on mine. :lol:

I have to have it splashed by the end of April for shake-down trials prior to a big fishing trip up the western side of Cape York in June. :D

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Hmmmm. Do I see a glass of jungle juice in the starboard drink holder. LOL> Happy New year Larry. Boat looks frikin awsome. :lol: :lol: :D
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Hmmmm. Do I see a glass of jungle juice in the starboard drink holder. LOL> Happy New year Larry. Boat looks frikin awsome. :lol: :lol: :D
Capt. Ken Owens

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Capt. Ken Owens