A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
osotexan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

Post by osotexan »

Excellent job Larry. This thread and your work have been inspiring to say the least.

Job well done Sir!

DSMadCow
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by DSMadCow »

Larry,

I don't post comments usually but I have followed this build and several others of your over the years and I have to say you do amazing work. Thank you for sharing it with us. You are an inspiration.

Lauren

timbamford
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by timbamford »

Awesome job Larry, have really enjoyed watching the build take shape. Thanks for taking the time to upload all the posts and photos. Cheers, Tim
F12, V10

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Appreciate it, everybody :D This one has been a challenge that has tested all of my abilities, mostly patience and perseverance.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit »

Absolutely beautiful and top notch. But it is like having a child move away. You will miss it.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks Rick. Actually I haven't missed it a bit :lol: I've been doing farm duty this week, picking and canning vegetables, picking and cleaning blueberries, pickling peppers....Mrs. Cracker sold 60 pints of berries this week, still got berries to pick. Best garden crops we've had in years.

Rogerdog got the new prop installed yesterday, it looks like serious business 8) Hopefully he can test run it today.

"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

congrats on yet another successful build!
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.

Steven

Post by Steven »

Very nice!!! I really need to go to a SS prop. I know the alum is slipping, but I'm afraid to screw up the selection. No buy and try around here. :) No sanding and no paint looming over you must sure feel good. :) Until the next one ;)

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Larry,

She is done and magnificent job ! Bittersweet I imagine. But now time to do your own thing; ever thought of making your own 6-string ?

Marc

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks all
Bittersweet I imagine. But now time to do your own thing; ever thought of making your own 6-string ?
More sweet than bitter, Marc :D This one wore me slapndown. I want to re-finish the sole in the fall, I'm still not real happy with it, but it's too hot right now to fix it right.

Why in heck would I make a guitar? I tried for 20 years to make music out of those things, got no talent for it, can't sing either, and a little short on fingers too :lol: At least I know how to operate a boat :lol:

I think I'm going to build a fishing kayak for me, so I can fish the blackwater swamps with Raymond. Thinking it might be the Plyak12, same one Dougster is building. Light, simple, can put in the back of the truck and launch it in a roadside ditch.

Also working on another possible project for a seafood catering company in Charleston. They cater big events, weddings, private parties, conventions and such with oyster roasts, Low Country boils, shrimp and grits and other local favorites. They want some traditional looking oyster bateaus, but small boats, picnic table size, that they can serve the seafood in, pile them with roasted oysters, or pack them with boiled shrimp and sausage. All just for ambiance and local character for the tourists, the boats don't have to float. Might be a cool little project, they are talking about 6 of them. We'll see how that goes.