A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by Noles309 »

Is that 6oz cloth?
Gary
GF-16 Completed

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Lets see what happens after you recover from this one.
Yep. Assuming I recover :lol:
Is that 6oz cloth?
No, 12 ounce biax.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

pee wee wrote:.........but it also makes one appreciate (or wonder at) those who take on a huge project like a TW28 type of boat in their spare time. I'm sure you take it on for the love of it, but at some point surely you wonder what you were thinking
I ask myself that very question each and every time I walk out into the boat shed! :lol:

It's easily a two or three person build but a builder with the experience, skills and level of care that Larry takes with his boats would certainly be able to do it. It's just a matter of time, persistence and Oh Yeah, Money! :wink:

Build on Dusty Cracker, we're watching!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Reminds me of the country song " I know what I was feelin' but what was I thinkin' ? :lol:

Crappy weather again, rain and cold, supposed to be below freezing again tonight. Great :?

Finally broke down and ordered a new computer. Going to miss this old Dell but I reckon 11 years is a good life. I must be one of the last people in the country running Windows XP. My bank tells me they won't support it after next month for on-line banking, hearing the same from Pay-Pal, and MS is dropping all support on April 8, so I guess it's time to move on. Not looking forward to learning a new OS, or moving all of my data.
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

SalmonMan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SalmonMan »

Cracker Larry wrote:Finally broke down and ordered a new computer. Going to miss this old Dell but I reckon 11 years is a good life. I must be one of the last people in the country running Windows XP. My bank tells me they won't support it after next month for on-line banking, hearing the same from Pay-Pal, and MS is dropping all support on April 8, so I guess it's time to move on. Not looking forward to learning a new OS, or moving all of my data.
The local library system went back to using Windows XP. They claim it is a more stable platform then newer Windows OS. Good luck with your venture and build on!

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

My wife is running a 10 year old Dell as well. I've finally convinced her to order a new dell but she wants to keep her old monitor because it fits. Windows 8 is not too bad but I am a computer geek so ymmv.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Got a new computer at home last month, after using windows 8 I miss my XP!

8 degree's tonight, breaking another record!

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I couldn't bring myself to go to Windows 8. Decided on 7 pro.
I've finally convinced her to order a new dell but she wants to keep her old monitor because it fits.
That's what I ordered too was another Dell. Had great service from them so far. Getting a 24" monitor with it :D
8 degree's tonight, breaking another record!
That's ugly :help:

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

I guess ugly for down there. We should be sprouting tulips and we're still in snow storms with double digit wind factor temperatures in the negative zone....

I am keeping my eye out for my line of work in Central Eastern Australia or U.S. Gulf area. Had enough of using snow shovels....

Build on !
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

Cracker Larry wrote:I couldn't bring myself to go to Windows 8. Decided on 7 pro.
You can't go wrong with Win7. I'm not a fan of Win8. It's too far on the tablet end of the spectrum. My boss is running it on a Surface tablet, and he loves it, but I can't use a 10" tablet as a primary computer.

I think Win7 is very similar to XP. It will be an easy transition.